The deathbed can lead people to speak with great honesty and, in many cases, humor. This is a list of 20 last words by famous people。
1. Pardon me, sir. I did not do it on purpose。
Said by: Queen Marie Antoinette after she accidentally stepped on the foot of her executioner as she went to the guillotine。
2. I can't sleep
Said by: J. M. Barrie, author of Peter Pan
出自： J. M. 巴里，彼得潘的作者。
3. I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis。
Said by: Humphrey Bogart
4. I am about to — or I am going to — die: either expression is correct。
Said by: Dominique Bouhours, famous French grammarian
5. I live!
Said by: Roman Emperor, as he was being murdered by his own soldiers。
6. Dammit…Don't you dare ask God to help me。
Said by: Joan Crawford to her housekeeper who began to pray aloud。
7. I am perplexed. Satan Get Out
Said by: Aleister Crowley - famous occultist
8. Now why did I do that?
Said by: General William Erskine, after he jumped from a window in Lisbon, Portugal in 1813。
9. Hey, fellas! How about this for a headline for tomorrow's paper? ‘French Fries'!
Said by: James French, a convicted murderer, was sentenced to the electric chair. He shouted these words to members of the press who were to witness his execution。
出自： 詹姆斯·弗兰彻，杀人犯，他被终身判决为上电椅死刑。他对亲见他受刑的媒体人员说出了这句话。(注“法式炸薯条”原文‘French Fries'，此人也姓French，被判坐电椅，所以说自己被炸了。)
10. Bugger Bognor。
Said by: King George V whose physician had suggested that he relax at his seaside palace in Bognor Regis。
出自： 乔治四世，他的医师建议他在博格内吉斯(Bognor Regis)的海边宫殿休息。
11. It's stopped。
Said by: Joseph Henry Green, upon checking his own pulse。
12. LSD, 100 micrograms I.M。
Said by: Aldous Huxley (Author) to his wife. She obliged and he was injected twice before his death。
13. You have won, O Galilean
Said by: Emperor Julian, having attempted to reverse the official endorsement of Christianity by the Roman Empire。
14. No, you certainly can't。
Said by: John F. Kennedy in reply to Nellie Connally, wife of Governor John Connelly, commenting "You certainly can't say that the people of Dallas haven't given you a nice welcome, Mr. President."
出自： 约翰· F. 肯尼迪回答州长约翰· 康奈利的夫人奈丽· 康奈利，她说到 “总统先生，你可不能说达拉斯人民不欢迎您”。
15. I feel ill. Call the doctors。
Said by: Mao Zedong (Chairman of China)
16. Tomorrow, I shall no longer be here
Said by: Nostradamus
17. Hurry up, you Hoosier bastard, I could kill ten men while you're fooling around!
Said by: Carl Panzram, serial killer, shortly before he was executed by hanging。
18. Put out the bloody cigarette!!
Said by: Saki, to a fellow officer while in a trench during World War One, for fear the smoke would give away their positions. He was then shot by a German sniper who had heard the remark。
19. Please don't let me fall。
Said by: Mary Surratt, before being hanged for her part in the conspiracy to assassinate President Lincoln. She was the first woman executed by the United States federal government。
20. Now, now, my good man, this is no time for making enemies。
Said by: Voltairewhen asked by a priest to renounce Satan。