商务英语活学活用 开电影院很赚钱(4)
日期:2016-01-08 14:56

(单词翻译:单击)

Ⅳ.对话篇


Molly : Pardon me, Gordon, do you still have a friend who is an usher at the cinema?

莫莉:不好意思,戈登,你还有个朋友在电影院里当引座员吗?

Gordon: Yes I do, he is a great guy.

戈登:有,他可是个不错的家伙。

Molly : Can he get us complimentary tickets?

莫莉:他能不能帮我们搞到赠票?

Gordon: Only if he is working at the box office tonight.

戈登:除非他今天晚上卖票。

Molly : Maybe he can get us some complimentary food too.

莫莉:也许他还帮我们搞到些免费吃的。

Gordon: Don't push your luck.

戈登:得了,别太贪得无厌了。

Molly : I am sorry, what does, "don't push your luck mean?"

莫莉:对不起,什么叫“见好就收”呀?

Gordon: It means don't ask for too much. Food is the cinema's cash crop, so he can't give it away for free. Understand?

戈登:意思就是说别指望的太多。吃的可是电影院主要的收入来源,所以他不可能给我们免费食物,懂么?

Molly : I understand. Owning a movie theatre is big business.

莫莉:我懂了。经营一家电影院可是个大买卖。

Gordon: If my friend was the CEO, I am sure he could help us, but he is only a low-level usher.

戈登:如果我的朋友是电影院的首席执行官,那他肯定能帮我们,但他只是个小小的引座员。

Molly : Complimentary tickets are fine. I'll take what I can get.

莫莉:能得到免费电影票就已经不错了,我知足了。


分享到
重点单词
  • ushern. 带位员,招待员 vt. 引导,护送 vi. 做招待
  • complimentaryadj. 问候的,称赞的,夸奖的,免费赠送的
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • pardonn. 原谅,赦免 vt. 宽恕,原谅