(单词翻译:单击)
Ⅳ.对话篇
Molly : Do you have the report finished?
莫莉:你的报告完成了吗?
Gordon: I finished it yesterday, but my dog ate it.
戈登:我昨天就做完了,可是我的狗把它吃掉了。
Molly : Excuses, excuses. How about the weekly newsletter, is that done?
莫莉:借口,借口。那每周的电子杂志呢,做完了吗?
Gordon: Sorry to say a virus erased my hard drive.
戈登:不好意思,病毒把我硬盘的文件弄没了。
Molly : You must be kidding? I am fed up with your poor work habits.
莫莉:你一定是在开玩笑吧?我受够了你差劲儿的工作习惯。
Gordon: I'll re-do it ASAP.
戈登:我会尽快重新做。
Molly : While you are re-doing that, I need another copy of the monthly numbers, this paper is blank.
莫莉:你重新做的时候,再给我做一份每月的数据,这张纸是空的。
Gordon: That's because the printer is on the blink. Some times it works, and sometimes it doesn't.
戈登:那是因为打印机坏了,有的时候能用,有的时候不能用。
Molly : So many excuses. Are you slacking off in the office?
莫莉:这么多的借口,你是不是在办公室偷懒呀?
Gordon: Of course not.
戈登:当然不是。
Molly : How about the time I caught you sleeping?
莫莉:那我发现你睡觉的事怎么解释?
Gordon: It won't happen again, I promise.
戈登:我保证,这种事不会再发生了。
Molly : Well, get back to work.
莫莉:好吧,回去工作吧。
Gordon: I'll get those reports on your desk ASAP.
戈登:我会尽快把那些报告放在你的桌子上。