(单词翻译:单击)
所以,帕金森小姐,你专门针对职业女性组织健身训练和美容保养服务?
That's right, Mr. Cruise.
是的,克鲁兹先生。
Could you tell me how you first got the idea for the business?
可以透露一下你当初是怎么产生从事这一行业的念头的吗?
Certainly. I suppose it all started about five years ago.
当然可以。一切大概是从五年前开始的吧。
I was in holiday and had a very bad skin accident.
当时我在度假,我的皮肤因为意外受了重伤。
I found that the only thing that helped the pain was massage and gentle exercise, like yoga or stretching exercises.
我发现唯一能缓解疼痛的方法就是按摩和轻度的锻炼,比如瑜伽、伸展运动。
So I used to go to therapists and classes after work.
所以那时下班后我都会去看理疗师、去上课。
Where did you work at that time?
当时你在哪儿工作?
In the training department of a media company.
在一家媒体公司的培训部门。
I see.
恩。
But then, I got a promotion to training manager.
但后来,我得到提拔,成为了培训经理。
That meant I worked longer hours and it was difficult to get to classes.
这意味着我的工作时间延长了,而且很难抽出时间去上课。
I asked some of my teachers if they would come to my house instead.
我问我的一些老师他们是否可以到家里授课。
And most of them agreed.
大部分老师都表示同意。
It was more expensive but I thought it was worth it.
这样做更贵,但我认为很值。
Lots of my friends liked the idea, too.
我的许多朋友也很喜欢这个主意。
So I recommended people to them.
所以我就向他们推荐老师。
That's when I began to realize that maybe I could make a business out of it.
就在那时,我开始意识到也许我可以将此转为商机。
Did you give up your job, then?
那么你当时放弃工作了吗?
No, not immediately.
没有,没有马上放弃。
The idea was too scary.
这个想法太吓人了。
I had a good job with a good salary and starting my own business seemed a bit risky.
我有一份不错的工作,还领着不错的薪水,自己创业似乎有点冒险。
So I just did it as a hobby really.
所以我只是把它当作兴趣爱好来做。
So why did you leave your job in the end?
那最终您为什么又放弃你的工作了呢?
Well, the decision was made for me really.
呃,实际上这个决定是为我量身定做的。
My company decided to relocate to a different town.
我们公司决定换址,搬到另一个小镇去。
They offered me the choice of relocating with them or quite a large sum of money if I preferred to leave.
他们给我两个选择,要么跟公司一起搬迁,要么获得一大笔钱,假如我选择离开。
I know an opportunity when I see it.
只要我看到一个机会,我就会抓住。
So I took the money.
所以我选择了拿钱。
Good for you.
好样的。