(单词翻译:单击)
Ⅳ.对话篇
Gordon: Miss Molly, will you be done with the stock report by this afternoon?
戈登:莫莉小姐,今天下午以前你能完成这份股票报告吗?
Molly : Sorry to say I am unsure, time will tell.
莫莉:很遗憾我还不能确定,看时间吧。
Gordon: Well, do your best. I am off to lunch now.
戈登:好吧,你尽力而为吧。现在我要去吃午饭了。
Molly : Sir, can you pick me up a sandwich before the cafe closes at two o-clock?
莫莉:先生,您能在咖啡店两点关门之前帮我买一个三明治吗?
Gordon: There is a 50/50 chance. I won't make it before then, but I will try.
戈登:有五成的可能晚点儿,不过我会尽力。
Molly : Well, do you best.
莫莉:好吧,请尽量帮忙。
Gordon: Oh, did the boss say he would give you a raise?
戈登:噢,老板说过要给你加薪了吗?
Molly : He said maybe yes, and maybe no.
莫莉:他说有可能会,也有可能不会。
Gordon: What does that mean?
戈登:那是什么意思?
Molly : It means if I work hard this month, it could happen.
莫莉:意思是说,如果我这个月工作努力,就很有可能加薪。
Gordon: Good luck.
戈登:祝你好运。
Molly : Thanks.
莫莉:谢谢。