(单词翻译:单击)
Ⅳ.对话篇
Gordon: Nice to meet you. How do you do?
戈登:很高兴见到你。你好吗?
Molly : Fine, the pleasure is all mine.
莫莉:好,见到你很高兴。
Gordon: You are too kind.
戈登:你真好。
Molly : Are you the applicant to fill the HR job?
莫莉:你是来应聘HR工作的吗?
Gordon: Yes, I heard you could use some new blood.
戈登:是的,我听说你们需要一些新人。
Molly : In the States we like to keep things fresh.
莫莉:在美国我们希望事物保持新气象。
Gordon: I see.
戈登:是的,我明白。
Molly : Do you understand the duties of an HR professional?
莫莉:你知道HR人员的职责吗?
Gordon: Positively, yes I do.
戈登:是的。
Molly : Alright, Mr. New blood, explain some of them.
莫莉:好吧,新来的先生,请解释其中一二吧。
Gordon: An HR professional must conduct the interview, then follow-up by helping plan vacations, and deal with sick days.
戈登:HR人员必须进行面试,然后帮助计划假期和处理病假时期。
Molly : Anything else?
莫莉:其他还有什么?
Gordon: They help when a person is fired or laid off, right?
戈登:在员工被解雇或下岗时他们会提供帮助,对吗?
Molly : Right, you are pretty smart for a new blood.
莫莉:没错。作为新人,你很聪明。