(单词翻译:单击)
Ⅳ.对话篇
Molly : Pardon me, Sir, have you seen my latest report?
莫莉:对不起先生,您看了我最近的报告了吗?
Gordon: Of course I have read it. A great piece of work.
戈登:当然,做得很好。
Molly : I would like to make an appointment to talk with you, sir.
莫莉:我想跟您约个时间谈谈,先生。
Gordon: Sure. I am free now, does that fit your schedule?
戈登:可以,我现在有时间,您有空吗?
Molly : Sure, you are the busy one.
莫莉:当然,您比我忙多了。
Gordon: Have a seat, Miss. Now, what can I help you with?
戈登:请坐,小姐,有什么需要帮忙的吗?
Molly : I would like to talk about me getting a raise.
莫莉:我想谈谈加薪的问题。
Gordon: I see, you have been here for one year, that is long enough. Have you been a productive worker?
戈登:我明白,你在这工作已经一年了,该加薪了。你工作效率高吗?
Molly : Here, my work record speaks for itself, look at all my achievements.
莫莉:这里,我的工作报告是最好的证明,看看我做的成绩吧。
Gordon: I see. You have giving me something to think about.
戈登:我知道了。我需要考虑一下。
Molly : Seeing my motivation and experience, what kind of raise can I expect?
莫莉:就我的积极性和经验来看,我应该得到多少加薪呢?
Gordon: Please wait until I make my final discussion. However, I think you are a shoe-in for a raise.
戈登:请等我做出最后决定。不管怎样,我认为你得到加薪是确定的。
Molly : Thanks for your time, sir.
莫莉:谢谢您的时间,先生。
Gordon: It was my pleasure.
戈登:不用谢。