(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
Am I late?
我迟到了吗?
No, I'm early
不,是我来早了
I make you some coffee.
我帮你倒杯咖啡
once candy, right? - right!
要加块糖吗? - 好啊
can I have a stamp for this?
能给我张邮票吗?
that's the NYT scholarship. you haven't mailed them yet?
纽约时报的奖学金?你还没寄出去吗?
when is the deadline? - tomorrow.
什么时候截止? - 明天。
I gave you 4 months ago, Liz. what are you waiting for?
我四个月前就给你了,你在等什么?
for today. for me to turn 18.
等今天,我满18岁
It's your birthday.happy birthday.
你生日?哇,生日快乐
but I don't think there's a requirement
我想他们不需要这个要求
I know, thank you.
我知道,谢谢你
but now I could tell the truth that I was homeless.
但是现在我可以告诉她事实,我无家可归
and no one could come and take me away
没人会接我回家
妙语佳句
Stamp (pt&pp.stamped)
n.邮票;标志,印记;跺脚;特征
vt.盖章于…;贴邮票于…;标记;用脚踩踏
vi.捣碎;跺脚
It's FREEPOST, so there's no need for a stamp.
这是免费邮寄,不用贴邮票。
'Eat before JULY 14' was stamped on the label.
标签上盖有“7 月 14 日前食用”的戳记。
------------------------------------------------------
Deceit
n.欺骗,欺诈;诡计;谎言
And so the game of deceit and double-dealing continued.
因此这个欺骗和两面派的游戏继续进行了下去。
------------------------------------------------------
Requirement
n.要求;必要条件;必需品,需要量;资格
Reacting to a changing requirement shouldn't ripple through the entire app.
针对对于某一需求的变更不应该对整个应用程序产生影响。
------------------------------------------------------
At any rate
adv.无论如何,至少
At any rate, I continued to keep the option alive.
无论如何,我继续保持了这个计划不被枪毙掉。
剧情百科
18岁,Lise终于等到自己成年,不用担心学校和律法对他的排斥和束缚。以自己的名义去参加纽约时报的考核了。
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.She died a _____ later, at forty-five.
十年后,她在四十五岁的时候去世了。
2._____ this direct competition there are smaller foes, too.
除了这些面对面的竞争,也还有稍小一些的麻烦。
A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:
1.They have been involved in a campaign of (deceit).
他们参与了一系列的欺骗活动。
2.(At any rate), mr obama and other democrats assailed the idea.
无论如何,当时奥巴马及其他民主党人对麦凯恩的观点进行了抨击。