(单词翻译:单击)
Choosing A Career
选择一个职业
When students graduate from college, many of them do not know how they want to spend their working lives,
当学生从大学毕业时,他们中的许多人不知道他们想如何度过他们的职业生涯,
and they sometimes move from job to job, until they find something that suits them and of equal importance to which they are suited.
他们有时会从一份工作换到另一份工作,直到找到适合他们的、同样重要的是他们也适合的 。
Others never find a job in which they are really happy.
有些人永远找不到令自己真正快乐的工作 。
They remain all their lives square pegs in round holes.
他们在工作中一直都是格格不入 。
When we choose our careers, we need to ask ourselves two questions.
当我们选择职业时,我们需要问自己两个问题 。
First, what do we think we would like to be?
首先,我们自己想成为什么样的人?
Second, what kind of people are we?
其次,我们是什么样的人?
The idea, for example, of being a painter or a musician may seem very attractive,
例如,成为画家或音乐家的想法可能看起来很吸引人,
but unless we have great talent and are willing to work very hard,
但是除非我们有巨大的才能并且愿意努力工作,
we are certain to fail in these occupations, and failure will lead to unhappiness in life.
我们肯定会在这些工作中失败,而失败将导致生活中的不快乐 。
So, it is important to assess our suitability for a certain career in job search.
因此,评估我们在求职中是否适合某一职业是很重要的 。