(单词翻译:单击)
Do You Have Siblings?
你有兄弟姐妹吗?
John: Do you have any siblings?
John: 你有兄弟姐妹吗?
Sam: Yes. I have a younger brother. What about you?
Sam: 嗯,我有一个弟弟,你呢?
John: I have quite a big family with 2 brothers and 2 sisters!
John: 我有一个大家庭,2个兄弟,2个妹妹!
Sam: Wow, a big family… I'd have liked a sister too.
Sam: 哇,一个大家庭......我也想有一个妹妹。
John: Yes, my sisters are very nice. They're kind and smart. I feel lucky to be their brother.
John: 嗯,我的妹妹很友善,又善良又聪明。真幸运能成为他们的哥哥。
Sam: What a nice thing to say!
Sam: 太美好了!
My Grandparents.
我的祖父母
Sam: So you were gone visiting your grandpa last weekend?
Sam: 上周末你去看你爷爷了吗?
Joanna: Yup! My grandfather must be in his late 80's and he's very active.
Joanna: 嗯!爷爷都快90了,还这么有活力。
Sam: Wow! That's great! What about your grandma?
Sam: 哇,太棒了!你奶奶呢?
Joanna: She's a very sprightly old woman too. In fact my grandparents from my mother's side are pretty healthy and active themselves.
Joanna: 她也是一个非常有活力的女人。其实我外祖父母也相当健康,又有活力。
Sam: That's really good to hear. Your folks know how to take care of themselves.
Sam: 真是好消息。你的家人知道如何保养自己。
Joanna: Yeah, our family eats right and exercises. That's why we're healthy.
Joanna: 是的,我们家都是吃健康的食物,做运动,这就是为什么我们这么健康。
Proud of Your Family Member.
为家庭成员感到自豪
Joanna: Where's your younger brother these days?
Joanna: 你弟弟这几天去哪了?
Sam: Well, John got admitted to the medical college in NY. He's going to be a doctor.
Sam: 嗯,约翰被纽约的药学大学录取了,他要当医生了。
Joanna: Really? You must be so proud of him.
Joanna: 真的吗?你一定很为他自豪。
Sam: Yeah, I am. My old man was a carpenter, and I got into the same profession, but little Johnny's always studied hard. He's going to bring credit to the family name.
Sam: 嗯,我真为他自豪。我爸爸是一个木匠,我也成了一个木匠,但是小约翰总是努力学习,他给全家都增光了。
Joanna: So happy for you Sam!
Joanna: 真为你高兴,Sam!
She Ain't My Cousin!
她不是我表妹!
Joanna: Hey John, I met Samantha at the party last night. Is she your sister?
Joanna: 嘿,John, 昨晚聚会上,我见到, 她是你妹妹吗?
John: Samantha? No, she ain't my sister. She's Frank's daughter. Frank is my brother. Samantha is my niece.
John: Samantha?不是,她不是我妹妹,她是 Frank的女儿, Frank是我哥哥,Samantha是我侄女。
Joanna: Your niece? But she's not very young!
Joanna: 你侄女?可她也不是很年轻啊!
John: Yeah! My dad married my mom when he was in his 40s. Frank was already 18 then. He's my step brother actually.
John: 嗯!我爸爸快40岁的时候和我妈妈结的婚,当时Frank已经18岁了,实际上他是我的同父异母的兄弟。
Joanna: Wow! Families are weird, aren't they? A woman older than you is your niece.
Joanna: 哇!家庭很奇怪的,不是吗?一个比你大的女人是你的侄女。
John: That's how families are Joanna.
John: 这就是家庭啊,Joanna。