2分钟英语口语课堂(视频+中英文本) 第100期:讨论时事或新闻
日期:2016-11-18 17:53

(单词翻译:单击)

What's on the News
新闻在说什么

Jack: Hey Sam, did you check out what happened in Connecticut recently?
杰克:嘿,山姆,你关注康涅狄格州发生什么事了吗?
Sam: No Jack. I've been busy. I couldn't keep track of the news.
山姆:杰克,我没有,我一直很忙。我不能一直关注这新闻。
Jack: Oh, but you must've heard about the shootout in Newtown last month. Pres Obama is taking some solid steps to reduce gun violence.
杰克:哦,但你一定听说上个月在新城发生的枪击事件了。奥巴马总统要对减少枪支事件采取措施了。
Sam: I'm glad our government is getting serious about that. Lunatics shouldn't be allowed to buy guns!
山姆:我们的政府开始重视这件事我很高兴,不应该允许疯子买枪支的。
Financial News
经济新闻

Sam: It's been a long time since I watched the news. Do you know what's happening on the NASDAQ?
山姆:离上次看新闻很长时间了,你知道最近纳斯达克(美国全国证券交易商协会自动报价系统)有什么新闻吗?
Jenny: Well, you should keep yourself updated Sam. You have a lot of money in the stocks.
珍妮:好吧,山姆你要让自己紧跟局势好吗?你在股票上套了好多钱呢。
Sam: You're right. I know I do. But I've been very busy lately.
山姆:你说的对,我知道,但是我最近很忙。
Jenny: Well, there's some good news for you. I know you put money in Citibank, and today's bulletin says it's up by 5%.
珍妮:对你来说,有一些好消息。我知道你把钱投在了Citi银行,今天它上涨了5%。
Sam: That's great news Jenny! I think I will sell those shares and exit Citibank.
山姆:这真是一个好消息,珍妮!我觉得我要把这些股票卖掉退出Citi银行。
On the news
新闻

Jack: Hey Sam, let me tell you something good I saw on the news tonight.
杰克:嘿,山姆。我告诉你一些我今晚看新闻时看到的好消息吧?
Sam: Something good on the news? That's a change! What is it?
山姆:新闻里的好消息?有变化啊!什么事?
Jack: Well, I heard that Polio is eradicated from the world. I think there are only a handful of new cases.
杰克:这样的,我听说现在可以根除小儿麻痹症了。我想应该只有极少部分新病例。
Sam: Yeah, I heard that! It's an incredible thing. I think we should all thank Bill Gates.
山姆:是的,我听说了。这件事太不可思议了。我局的我们都应该感谢比尔盖茨。
Jack : Bill Gates? What for?
杰克:比尔盖茨?为什么?
Sam : Well, I saw on the news that it was him who financed most of the polio vaccination drive in the world from his own fortune.
山姆:这样的,我看新闻上说他资助了世界上大多数小儿麻痹症疫苗接种的的人。
Jack : That's an amazing thing Sam. I didn't know that!
杰克:这件事太不可思议了,山姆。我以前不知道。
Discussing a documentary
讨论纪录片

Jenny: Jack, turn on the TV and go to CNN.
珍妮:杰克,打开电视到CNN频道。
Jack: Why? Is there something important going on?
杰克:为什么?有什么重要的事吗?
Jenny: Well nothing new, but there's a documentary on Japan's earthquake which talks about how the old people there volunteered to work in radioactive areas.
珍妮:没什么新鲜的。但是有一个日本地震的纪录片讲老人支援去辐射区做志愿者。
Jack: Really? They came up on their own to work on containing the leak?
杰克:真的吗?自己主动来负责清理泄露吗?
Jenny: Yes. They helped contain it, and they checked the entire system while exposing themselves to radiation so that the young people don't have to.
珍妮:他们帮助清理这个,他们把自己暴露在辐射区去检查整个系统,这样年轻人就不用去了。
Jack: That's amazing Jenny. Maybe that's why Japan has done well.
杰克:太不可思议了,珍妮。难怪日本发展那么好。
Jenny: You are right, Jack. When people put the country's interest before their own, progress is fast.
这你:你说的对,杰克。当人们把国家利益放在个人利益之前时,国家发展会很快。
Jack: Yep! I just hope those guys are okay.
杰克:是的,我只希望这些人平安。
Jenny : Me too Jack.
珍妮:我也是,杰克。

分享到