2分钟英语口语课堂(视频+中英文本) 第81期:关于孩子 About Your Children
日期:2016-10-21 15:19

(单词翻译:单击)

Exam Pressure On Your Child
孩子身上的考试压力

Patrick: Hey Katie. What’s up?
帕特里克:嘿,凯蒂,怎么了?
Katie: Hey Patrick. I’m going to Paula’s school. I think she messed up again.
凯蒂:嘿,帕特里克。我要去宝拉的学校,我想她又搞砸了。
Patrick: That’s the third time this month. Why don’t you talk to her?
帕特里克:这是这个月第三次了,你为什么不和他谈谈呢?
Katie: I did. I guess she’s all worried about her exams. She’s under a lot of pressure.
凯蒂:我谈了。我觉得她是太担心考试了。她压力很大。
Patrick: She’s a freshman. The first year can be tough.
帕特里克:她是新学生,第一年总是很困难。
Katie: I know. I talked to her four three hours yesterday. There’s a lot of pressure on students these days. She didn’t listen to me and just started crying.
凯蒂:我知道,我昨天和她谈了三四个小时。现在学生压力太大了。他还没听我说就开始哭了。
Patrick: That’s bad, Katie. Maybe you should take her to a therapist.
帕特里克:这太糟糕了,凯蒂。或许你应该带她去看医生。
Katie: I think that’s exactly what I’ll do.
凯蒂:我觉得这正是我要去做的。
About Your Child’s Hobbies
有关孩子的爱好

Katie: Hey Shawna. Can you help me out with something?
凯蒂:嘿,肖娜。你可以帮出些主意吗?
Shawna: Sure Katie. What is it?
肖娜:当然,什么事?
Katie: Paula’s been under a lot of pressure lately. I don’t know what to do.
凯蒂:宝拉最近压力很大,我不知道该怎么办了。
Shawna: Why don't you ask her to join something she likes? What are her hobbies?
肖娜:你为什么不让她参加一些她感兴趣的东西呢?她有什么爱好?
Katie: Well, she likes to play her guitar. She also likes painting and sketching.
凯蒂:呃,她喜欢弹吉他,她也喜欢画画和素描。
Shawna: Do you think she’ll like to join an art or music class?
肖娜:你觉得她会不会想要加入美术或者音乐班?
Katie: I think so. Music and art are her favorite hobbies.
凯蒂:我觉得会,美术和音乐是他最喜欢的事了。
Shawna: Great then. I know a place which offers weekend programs for teenagers. We can go there tomorrow.
肖娜:那太棒了。我知道有个地方周末为孩子提供课程。我们可以明天去看看。
Katie: Thanks a lot Shawna.
凯蒂:非常谢谢你,肖娜。
About Your Child’s School
关于孩子的学校

Penny: Hey! I’m Penny. We just moved here last week.
佩妮:嘿,我是佩妮,我上周刚刚搬到这里。
Katie: I’m Katie. Nice to meet you. Welcome to the neighbourhood. Anything I can help you out with?
凯蒂:我是凯蒂,很高兴见到你。欢迎你做我的邻居,有什么可以帮到你的吗?
Penny: Actually, yes. My son is a freshman and I don’t know anything about schools around here.
佩妮:实际上,有。我的儿子今年入学,我对这里的学校很不了解。
Katie: My daughter’s a freshman too. She goes to Belmont. It’s a nice school.
凯蒂:我女儿也是今年入学,她在贝尔蒙上学。那所学校很棒。
Penny: Oh, really? That’s nice. Does Belmont have a good football team? My son was in his last school’s football team. He wants to continue playing.
佩妮:呃,真的吗?那太好了。贝尔蒙有好的足球队吗?我的儿子在他原来的学校的足球队,他想继续踢足球。
Katie: Sure. Don’t worry about it. It’s a great school. I take my daughter to school every morning. You should come with us and have a look around.
凯蒂:有,不要担心这个。那是所很棒的学校。我每天送我女儿上学。你应该和我们一起去在附近看看。
Penny: That would be great. Thank you.
佩妮:那真是太好了,谢谢你。

分享到