(单词翻译:单击)
The Mango Delight.
芒果甜品
Terrance: What are you cooking? It smells delicious!
特伦斯:你在做什么?闻起来真香!
Haley: I’m making Mango Delight. I found the recipe in the paper today!
海莉:我在做芒果的甜品,我从今天的报纸上看到了制作方法。
Terrance: When did you start reading newspapers?
特伦斯:你什么时候开始读报纸的?
Haley: Since I found out that we can find a lot of other things in the newspaper other than politics and sports.
海莉:从我发现在报纸上除了政治和新闻我还可以找到更多的东西开始。
Terrance: So now I know who took the lifestyle section!
特伦斯:所以我现在知道谁负责生活方式这一版块了。
The Sports Victory.
运动胜利
Jimmy: Andy Murray was too good in his game last night.
吉米:安迪莫里昨天晚上在他的项目上表现太好了。
Marvin: That’s right! He’s all over the news today for his first major victory.
马文:对啊!他的这次巨大胜利的消息已经出现在了所有的报纸上。
Jimmy: Did you see today’s papers? The Times has published a whole one-page article on his
吉米:你看了今天的报纸了吗?时代周刊给了他整整一页的篇幅。
life and his struggle to get to the top.
为了胜利的奋斗
Marvin: I read that, but I guess you missed the article on Murray and Djokovic’s rivalry. They’ve nailed it.
马文:我读了,但是我想你应该没有看到莫里和德约克维奇竞争的文章,他们被刊登了。
Jimmy: Oh, no! I haven’t read that. Do you have today’s paper?
吉米:哦,不要。我还没有读到,你有今天的报纸吗?
Marvin: Not here. But, let’s go to my cubicle, I have it in my bag.
马文:不在这里。但是我们去我房间吧,我包里有。
Where’s The Lifestyle Section?
生活方式板块在哪里?
Marvin: Have you seen today’s lifestyle section?
马文:你见到今天的生活方式版块了吗?
Haley: Yes. I took it in the morning. They have some really nice articles today.
海莉:见过,我早上拿的。今天有一些文章很不错。
Marvin: Well, I want to read it.
马文:好吧,我想读一下。
Haley: You’ll get it after I’m finished!
海莉:我看完了就给你。
Marvin: Haley, you have all day long to read the papers. I just need to have a quick look.
马文:海莉,你有一天的时间去看它,我只需要浏览一下。
Haley: Marvin, I am reading a really nice article on Caribbean holidays in the paper. I’ll let you have it when I am done, Ok?
海莉:马文,我正在读一篇很好的关于加勒比海假期的文章。我读完了就给你,好吗?
Marvin: Gosh! Don’t be so annoying about it! I don’t see you reading it right now!
马文:天哪!不要这么烦人好不好!我看你现在根本没有在读!
Read The Headlines!
读大标题
Jimmy: Hey! Have you read the headlines of today’s Mail Day?
吉米:嗨!你读了今天邮报的标题了吗?
Terrance: No. Is there anything interesting?
特伦斯:没有,有什么有趣的吗?
Jimmy: Mail Day is organizing a job fair and I thought you’d be interested in that!
吉米:邮报今天组织了一个工作版面,我觉得你会感兴趣的。
Terrance: I sure am! Have you got the paper with you?
特伦斯:当然!你带着报纸吗?
Jimmy: Yes. It’s in my car. You can get it from me after class.
吉米:带着,在我车里,下课后你可以找我要。
Terrance: Thanks buddy!
特伦斯:谢谢你兄弟!