(单词翻译:单击)
Got a New Project
得到一个新项目
Sam: Excuse me Kate. You have a minute?
萨姆:凯特,打扰一下,有时间吗?
Kate: Sure, Sir. What can I do for you?
凯特:有,先生,我能为你做点什么呢?
Sam: I just want to update you about the new project we've been assigned.
萨姆:我只是想向你更新一下关于我们被分到的新项目的事。
Kate: But the previous one isn't finished yet.
凯特:但是先前的那一个还没完成呢。
Sam: Yes, I know. You told me it'll be done by the next weekend, so we'll start working on the next one after that.
萨姆:我知道,你告诉过我下周我们将会完成,所以我们在那之后就进行下一个项目。
Kate: Okay, I am worried about delays though.
凯特:好吧,虽然我有点担心我们会延期。
Sam: Don't worry Kate, I saw the status, this one's almost done. You'll finish it comfortably.
萨姆:别担心,凯特,我看工程进度了,这个项目马上就要完成了。
Giving the Deadline
划最后期限
Robert: Check your mail Luke. You've got a new assignment.
罗伯特:卢克,查看一下你的邮箱。你有新的任务。
Luke: I saw that. It involves a lot of traveling. Is there a deadline?
卢克:我看见了,出差很多,有最后期限吗?
Robert: In fact there is... You gotta give me the finished report by 12th Jan.
罗伯特:实际上是有的,在1.12之前给我交最终报告。
Luke: That gives me 10 days to finish it.
卢克:这样的话我只有10天的时间。
Robert: Yes. Enough time I am sure.
罗伯特:是的,我认为这足够了。
Luke: Yes Sir. Enough time. Don't worry, I'll sort it out.
卢克:好的,老板。时间足够,不用担心,我能完成。
Encouraging Your Subordinate.
鼓励下属
Robert: Alright! I saw this month's performance charts. You've been doing pretty good lately.
罗伯特:好的,我看了这个月的绩效表格。你们最近都表现很好。
Sam: Thanks! That telephone marketing training I got has helped a lot.
萨姆:谢谢!我得到的电话市场培训对我帮助很大。
Robert: Yeah! I guess it worked. Mark my words, if your conversions continue to be this high, you're all set to be the team leader next quarter.
罗伯特:是的,我想这个培训起作用了。听我说,要是我们一直这样的话,下个季度我们就可以做领导了。
Sam: It feels good to hear such words.
萨姆:很高兴听到你这样说。
Robert: I bet it does. Just stay focused. If you need anything just let me know.
罗伯特:我打赌这一定会的。只需要持续关注,不管有什么需要,都跟我吭声。
Reprimanding for a Silly Mistake
请求原谅小错误
Luke: What's wrong with you Kate?
卢克:凯特怎么了?
Kate: What happened Luke? Did I do something wrong?
凯特:卢克怎么了?我做错什么事了?
Luke: The financial report you sent me last night has a number of silly mistakes. The expenditures have been posted to wrong accounts, and the balance sheet is incorrect.
卢克:你昨晚发给我的财政报告有一些错误。支出误登记在错误的账户上了,财政收支表格也不对。
Kate: Is that so? But I spent the entire afternoon correcting all the issues. I made sure there were no mistakes. Looks like I mailed you a wrong copy.
凯特:是吗?我花了一个下午的时间纠正所有的问题。我确定没有错误,让我看看是不是我给你发错了。
Luke: Are you kidding me? You didn't check the document before pressing that send button? I was working late night yesterday and I wasted an hour finding errors in that balance sheet.
卢克:你跟我开玩笑吗?你在按发送键前就没有检查文件吗?我昨天一直工作到深夜,我花了一个小时的时间查找收支表格里的错误。
Kate: Luke, I'm really sorry! Please give me a minute, I'll send you the correct copy.
凯特:卢克,真心感到抱歉。请给我一分钟,我给你发过去正确的。