(单词翻译:单击)
Jo: Hello everybody, I'm Jo and you're listening to Authentic Real English from the BBC. 大家好,我是乔,您现在收听的是BBC地道美语节目。
Jean: And I'm Jean, 大家好。
Jo: Now Jean, you're looking very pleased with yourself. 珍,现在你看上去很高兴满意的样子。
Jean: Am I? 有吗?
Jo: Yes, is there something you're not telling me? 是的,你有什么好事没有跟我说过吗?
Jean: 我确实有个好消息…… I got a pay rise. 我加薪了。
Jo: No wonder you're feeling so chuffed. Congratulations! 难怪你感到高兴满意呢。恭喜你!
Jean: 谢谢!我还真的是挺高兴的。What was the word you used to describe how I'm feeling? 你刚才用什么词描述我的感受的?
Jo: I said you are chuffed C.H.U.F.F.E.D. 我说你高兴满意的。
Jean: I see, so when I'm feeling happy about something 就是因为什么事情而特别的高兴。
Jo: Or proud of something you've achieved... 或者你为自己的成绩感到骄傲……
Jean: 或者是为我取得的一个什么成果而感到非常的骄傲……
Jo: Yes... 是的……
Jean: I can say I am chuffed. 我可以说我很高兴和满意。
Jo: Yes and you can say you are chuffed or you're feeling chuffed. You can also say that someone looks chuffed. 是的,你可以这么说。
Jean: I am chuffed, I am feeling chuffed or someone looks chuffed.
Jo: You got it. Now, listen to these people using the word "chuffed". 说对了。现在,听这些人是怎么用这个词的吧。
Example
A: Why are you looking so chuffed with yourself? 为什么你会那么高兴和满意?
B: Well, my boyfriend just asked me to marry him. 嗯,我男朋友刚才向我求婚了。
A: Congratulations. 恭喜。
A: How did your job interview go last week? 上周你的面试进行得如何?
B: Great, I got the job. I start next month. 很好,我得到一份工作。下个月开始上班。
A: Wow, you must be feeling so chuffed. 哇,你一定很高兴吧。
Jean: Ok, 在我们今天节目结束之前,让我们再把它复习一下好吗:You can use the word chuffed to describe a happy or pleased feeling. Especially when you have done something you're proud of. 你可以用chuffed这个词描述一种高兴和满足的感受。特别是当你做了一件让自己感到骄傲的事情。
Jo: That's right and if anyone would like to hear more Authentic Real English words, they can visit our website. 是的,如果听众朋友们想收听更多的地道美语节目,可以登录我们的网站。
Jean: That's www.bbcchina.com.cn. You'll always find something new there. So see you next time. 网站地址如下。你可以收听到更新的节目。下期节目见。
Jo: Bye for now. 再见。