地道英语学习第101期(附讲解音频):喜欢上谁了
日期:2012-03-20 10:37

(单词翻译:单击)

Tracy: Hello, welcome to Authentic Real English from BBC Learning English. I'm Tracy. 大家好,欢迎来到BBC地道美语节目。我是特雷西。

Li: 大家好,我是 Yang Li.

Tracy: I think I should tell everyone that Li and I have just been reading some celebrity magazines. 我觉得我应该告诉大家莉和我刚读了一些名人的杂志。

Li: 是的,我们今天收集了不少名人明星的花边新闻。

Tracy: We've been reading about the lives and loves of our favourite celebrities. 我们读到一些我们喜欢的名人的私生活和感情的故事。

Li: I discovered that Brad Pitt is Tracy's favourite celebrity. 我知道了布拉德·皮特是特雷西喜欢的名人。

Tracy: I might have a little crush on him. 我似乎有些被他迷住了。

Li: 看来你要加入Brad Pitt 成千上万的粉丝队伍了。

Tracy: Yes. Li, did you notice the phrase I used when I was talking about Brad? 是的,莉,你注意到当我说到布拉德时用的词组了吗?

Li: You said that you might have a little crush on him. 你说你喜欢上他了。

Tracy: Exactly, I said I have a crush on Brad Pitt, but just a little one. 确实是,我说我喜欢上布拉德·皮特,但是只有一点。

Li: So if you say you have a crush on someone, does that just mean that you like them? 所以说如果说你喜欢上某人,是不是意味着你喜欢他们?

Tracy: It means a little bit more than that. It means you think they are good looking or hot or cute. It means that you fancy them. 比喜欢感情要更深一点。意思是说你认为他们长得好看或者身材很棒或者可爱。就是说你喜爱他们。

Li: To fancy someone 就是喜欢上了谁。

Tracy: And usually when you have a crush on someone, that person doesn't know how you feel. It's a secret. 事实上当你喜爱上某个人,那个人并不知道你的感受。这是个秘密。

Li: A secret crush. 一种神秘爱恋。

Tracy: Yes. 是的。

Li: Is there anyone else you have a secret crush on? 还有其他人是你秘密爱恋的吗?

Tracy: I'm not telling you. 我不告诉你。

Li: 好,让我们听听别的英国人都喜欢哪几个名人明星。

Example

I've always had a huge crush on Shu Qi, I think she is gorgeous. 我非常喜爱舒淇,我觉得她很高贵。

I don't usually tell people about this. It's a bit embarrassing. I've got a secret crush on the office cleaner. 我不经常跟别人说这些。这有点让人难为情,我秘密爱恋着办公室清洁工。

Li: 为什么有的人会说他们对某人有 a little 或者 a huge crush 呢?喜欢上哪个人有这么多不同的程度吗?

Tracy: Yes, a huge or serious crush can cause very powerful feelings. You might long for a person. 是的,巨大的或者严肃的爱恋能表现出强大的感受。你可能非常渴望某个人。

Li: To long for a person 就是非常的渴望某人

Tracy: But most crushes are not that serious. Sometimes it's just a phase that someone goes through. 但是大多数的喜爱都不是严肃的。有时你只是一个时间段会喜欢某个人。

Li: A phase 就是一个人生的时期或者阶段。那 Tracy 你自己像这样的时期又经过了多少个呢?

Tracy: I'm not telling. 我不说。

Li: So is your crush on Brad Pitt just a phase? 所以说你喜爱布拉德·皮特只是一段时间?

Tracy: Yes, but I guess I've always thought he was quite good looking. I think lots of other people are cute too. I guess I have a little crush on quite a few celebrities. 是的,但是我猜我会一直觉得他很帅的。还有很多其他人也很可爱。我还有点喜欢其他一些名人。

Li: Well I have an idea. Let's end today's programme here and you can tell me about all of the other celebrities that you have a crush on. 嗯,我有一个主意。现在结束节目,然后你告诉我还有哪些喜欢的名人。

Tracy: That could take a while. 那可能还要说一会呢。

Li: Thanks for listening to Authentic Real English from BBC Learning English. 欢迎收听BBC地道美语节目。

Tracy: Join us next time at www.bbcchina.com.cn. Bye. 期待下期有你的陪伴。

分享到
重点单词
  • authenticadj. 可信(靠)的,真实的,真正的
  • crushv. 压碎,碾碎,压榨 n. 压碎,压榨,拥挤,迷恋
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • celebrityn. 名人,名誉,社会名流