(单词翻译:单击)
“拍马屁”的来历有三种说法。一说是元代蒙古人有个习惯,两人牵马相遇,要在对方马屁股上拍一下,表示尊敬。二是蒙古族好骑手遇到烈性马便拍拍马屁股,使马感到舒服,随即乘势跃身上马,纵马而去。三是蒙古人爱马,如果马肥,两股必然隆起,所以见到骏马,总喜欢拍着马屁股称赞一番。可见,“拍马屁”是一种风俗,并无贬义。
Stop flattering me like that.
别再那样拍我马屁。
I don”t like Peter. He”s such a brown-noser.
我不喜欢彼得。他真是个马屁精。
I know he”s trying to butter me up but I”m not buying it.
我知道他想要拍我马屁,但我才不吃那一套。
In order to get the promotion she kept apple-polishing the manager.
为了升迁,她一直在拍经理的马屁。
He started sucking up to the boss as soon as he got on board.
他一来公司就开始拍老板的马屁。
The professor likes her because she knows how to please him.
教授喜欢她是因为她知道怎么讨好他。
She”s very good at paying lip service.
她很会讲一些言不由衷的好听话。
Everyone in this company knows that he”s trying to curry favor with the board of the directors.
公司里的每一个人都知道他想要巴结董事会。
That guy is a real bootlicker.
那个家伙真是个马屁精。
You want me to kiss his ass? Read my lips: No Way!
你要我拍他马屁?仔细听好:门儿都没有!