盘点:美剧中常见的动词短语
日期:2010-04-21 09:48

(单词翻译:单击)



pull sth Off 完成困难的事情;把难做的事情做好

I didn 't think the dinner would go well ,but we pulled it off beautifully.

我原以为这顿饭完蛋了,但是结果我们做的很好.




set sb up (with sb)介绍...给....(异性)

My cousin is always trying to set me up with women from her officer.

表姐总是尝试着把她的同事介绍给我.




piss something away 把....浪费掉

My father thinks I'm pissing my life away because I'm in a rock band.

我父亲认为我在浪费生命,因为我在一个摇滚乐队里.

I could have gone to Sydney, but I pissed all my money away gambling

我本来可以去悉尼的,但是我去赌博挥霍掉了所有的钱.




slip away (不知不觉、悄悄的)溜走

I think I'm going to try to slip away from this party early tonight.

我想今晚的这个派队我得早点溜了, 我实在太累了想好好休息.

As we get older, time seems to slip away much faster.

随着年纪的增长,时间了过得越来越快.




get away with 逃脱处罚

My little sister is so lucky, she gets away with everything just because she is cute.

我的小妹很走运,她每次都能逃脱惩罚,因为她长得太可爱了.

Sam thought he could get away with cheating on the test, but he was caught by the teacher.

Sam 认为考试可以作弊一下以为老师逮不住他,但不巧被老师逮个正着.




suck up to: 恭维别人,献媚

Eve is always sucking up to her boss, telling him how wonderful he is.

Eve 喜欢去向她的老板献殷勤,告诉他有多棒.




work on: 提高

You play tennis very well, but I think you should work on your backhand stroke.

你的网球打得不错,但是我觉得你的反手击球还要提高一下.




drop in 顺便走访, 不预先通知的拜访 drop in+地点,drop in on+人

Drop in whenever you're in Haidian, I'd love to see you.

不论你什么时候到海淀要顺路来看我.我见到你会很高兴.

My best friend lives in this neighborhood. Let's drop in on her.

我最好的朋友就住在附近.我们顺路去拜访她吧.




mess with 挑衅、招惹

A drunk guy at the bar tried to mess with me, but the bartender kicked him out.

有一个醉鬼在酒吧里企图招惹我,但被酒保赶了出去.




die down 变弱, 渐渐消失、平息

The big fuss over Real Madrid playing in Beijing died down after the game.

皇家马德里队在北京比赛的热潮在比赛后平息了.

We're hoping for the storm to die down before we go out sailing. Otherwise it could too dangerous.

我们希望暴风雨在我们出航前平息.否则就太危险了.




take it back 收回所说的话,为所说的道歉

It wasn't nice of you to make fun of your little brother, take it back and never do it again.

我很讨厌你取笑你弟弟,你应该道歉而且以后别再这么做.

I can't believe you told your gf she was fat! If you don't take it back, you may never see her again.

我真不敢相信你告诉你女友说她很胖,如果你不道歉,你以后可能会再也见不到她了.
分享到
重点单词
  • bandn. 带,箍,波段 n. 队,一群,乐队 v. 绑扎 v
  • slipv. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱 n. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,失
  • fussn. 大惊小怪,小题大作,强烈不满或争吵 vi. 无事自
  • stroken. 笔画,击打,一笔(画)连续的动作,中风, v. 奉