流行美语脱口说:美剧里常见口语(1)
日期:2010-04-15 09:56
(单词翻译:单击)
A different world 大不一样
Living in Australia feels like a different world from living in China.
住在澳大利亚的感觉跟住在中国完全不一样.
see things in black and white 把什么问题看的过于简单,刻板
You have to stop seeing things in black and white, there are many ways to look at a situation.
你不应该如此简单的看待问题,看问题有许多角度的.
Jinx 扫把星
I think this watch is a jinx to me. Every time I wear it, Something bad happens.
看来这块手表给我带来坏运气.每次我戴上它,倒霉的事情就发生了.
Some people think the year of Goad is a jinx.
人们普遍认为羊年不吉利.
play dumb 装傻
Stop playing dumb! I know you know who ate the last piece of cake .
别再装傻了!我知道你清楚是谁吃的最后一块蛋糕.
When the police get here, Let's play dumb, I don't want to get in trouble for something I didn't do.
警察来这时,咱们得装傻.我可不想卷入麻烦,我可什么都没做啊!
turn on the charm 施展,释放魅力
If you want girl to like you, you'd better turn on the charm . 如果你想让女孩喜欢你,你就要施展你的魅力喽.
save the day 拯救...的一天;帮....很大的忙,(引申)力挽狂澜
Our team was losing the game until Duren scored 3 goals in a row ! I saved the day.
直到duran连进仨球力挽狂澜,我们队才不至于输掉比赛.
itch to do something 迫不及待做...某事; 热切期望
Oh, man, I'm itching to get off work , I have a hot date tonight.
噢,先生.我已经迫不及待要下班了.今晚我有个很棒的约会啊!
Sit tight! 耐心点!稍安勿躁!
Sit tight ! Dinner's gonna be ready for five minutes . 耐心点!晚饭五分钟之内就会做好的.
If you sit tight for a second,I'll explain what happened in the meeting today . 如果你能安静下来,我会向你解释今天会上所发生的一切.
play it safe 保守,为了保险起见
I'm not sure how many people are coming here for dinner tonight, let's just play it safe and make some extra food .
我不能确定今晚将有多少人来赴宴.保险起见,还是多做点吧.
I hate playing tennis with Bob , he's not very aggressive , he's always playing it safe.
我不喜欢和BOB打网球.他太缩手缩脚了,打的很保守.
deep down 说真的,实话实说
Deep down , we're not right for each other .
说真的,我们并不合适.
Deep down, I really love her, I think I should ask her to marry me.
老实说,我的确很爱她!我应该让她嫁给我.
I'm not sure how I feel about moving to American. Deep down , I don't really think it's the right decision for me .
对于移居美国,我不知道该怎么想. 但说真的,我认为那并不合适我.
重点单词