指点迷津:帮你加强语气的妙句
日期:2010-04-14 11:22
(单词翻译:单击)
1.Just because you know I like Tom Cruise,it doesn't mean you can read my mind.
你不要以为你知道我喜欢汤姆.克鲁斯,就认为你很了解我.
read one's mind=understand what they're thinking or feeling without their telling you 读透......的心思
2.You knew I like Sarah.Why did you ask her out?That was really cold blooded.
你知道我喜欢莎拉,还约她出去?你可真够狠的.
Cold blooded=deceitful,heartless and selfish 冷血的,狠毒的,自私的
3.Hey,either you stop criticizing my cooking or I start practicing on your head.
喂,你再对我的厨艺挑三拣四,别怪我对你不客气.
Let me practice on your head 我要给你点颜色看看;我要教训教训你(威胁)
4.Don't mess with my papers. If you do,I'll lose something. 别动我的论文,不然我会丢东西的.
mess with sth. 把......搞砸,把......弄得一塌糊涂
5.Quit dicking around.We have a lot of work to do.You need to stay focuse.
你别再瞎闹了,我们还有很多工作呢,全神贯注吧.
Dick around 瞎玩,瞎闹,混日子,不严肃,不正经
6.You're really putting me on the spot by asking me for money. I don't have that much right now, either.
你管我要钱我很下不来台的.我现在也没有那么多.
Put sb. on the spot = put sb. in a difficult situation 让......难堪,让......下不来台
7.Are you on glue? I've told you millions of times that I don't like seafood. Why do you order lobster?
你是不是脑子进水了?我都告诉你多少次了我不吃海鲜.你为什么还点龙虾?
On glue=not thinking clearly 犯傻,冒傻气
8. I asked you to help me to find a new apartment, but you're turned up next to nothing.I have to ask someone else next time.
我叫你帮我找套公寓,但是你没有办到.下次我就找别人了.
next to nothing = very little 几乎没有,白干,白忙活
9.You think you can beat me at tennis ? You're all talk , I've seen you play , and I can beat you playing with my left hand.
你认为能在网球比赛中击败我.你简直是吹牛.我看过你的比赛,我能用左手击败你!
all talk 光说不做
10.They never told me why they turned down my appointment, they just left me hanging.
他们没对外婆解释为何拒绝我.他们只是把我晾在了一边.
leave somebody hanging 把....晾在一边,不理睬
11.Stop playing dumb! I know you know who ate the last piece of cake .
别再装傻了!我知道你清楚是谁吃的最后一块蛋糕.
play dumb 装傻
12.Ok, hot shot , If you're so good at picking up women why don't you go talk to that group of models.
那么好吧,自大的哥们儿!既然你那么会追女人,为什么不去尝试一下那些模特呢?
hot shot 自大狂、自以为是的人
13.You have so many girlfriends, can't you just introduce me to one of them? show a little charity , man !
你有那么多女朋友,为什么不给我介绍一个呢?大方点吧,哥们~!
show a little charity 大方一点
重点单词