俚语口头禅:美国人说得最多的话
日期:2010-03-29 09:54

(单词翻译:单击)



hang in there忍耐一下
Hang in there. Things will look up soon.
忍耐一下。事情很快就会好转的。

hands-off 无为而治,顺其自然
He takes a hands-off approach when it comes to raising his children.
他用无为而治的方式教养小孩。




gag me with a spoon我快吐了
Gag me with a spoon! Please don’t tell me such disgusting stories any more.
我快吐了!请别再说这么恶心的故事了。

get a move on赶快
Get a move on. You can't park your car here.
赶快!你不能在这儿停车。




cook up想出
He cooked up a wonderful way to surprise his wife on her birthday.
他想出一个在他太太生日时让她惊喜的妙法。 (呵,女人心中的好丈夫!)

roll with the punches逆来顺受
You have to roll with the punches if you want to survive in this business.
如果你想在这一行生存下去的话,就得逆来顺受。




right off the bat立刻
I was all prepared to put up a fight, but he gave in right off the bat.
我正准备和他大打一场,但是他马上就投降了。

get one's feet wet参与,开始做
It's not good to concentrate all your efforts on just writing. You should get your feet wet and trying painting or dancing. 单单写作对你不好。你应该涉猎一下绘画或舞蹈。




get after盯着,责备
Ann's mother gets after her to hang up her clothes.
安的妈妈盯着她,要她把衣服挂好。

pan out成功,奏效
Unfortunately, the deal did not pan out. I lost a thousand dollars.
这笔生意不幸没有成功,我损失了1,000美元。




screw someone over欺负某人
After working in the office for ten years, Alice was fired for no apparent reason. How can they screw her over like that? 爱丽斯工作了十年之后,无缘无故被炒鱿鱼。他们怎么可以这样欺负她呢?

down to the wire等到最后一刻才开始做事
Peter always waits until the last minute to do his work. I could never leave it down to the wire like that.
彼得总是等到最后一刻才开始做事。我从不想他那样等到最后一刻才开始干。




buck抗拒
You can't buck the system.
你无法抗拒整个制度。

blockhead笨蛋
Arnold is a blockhead if I ever saw one.
阿诺德是我见过的最笨的人。




blow the lid off 揭发(丑闻)
That newspaper story blew the lid off the Senator's illegal business deals.
报纸的报道揭发了参议员的非法勾当。

round up集合
Round everybody up. It's time for our business meeting.
叫大家集合,开会时间到了。




put someone up留宿某人
I can put you up for a couple of days. My apartment is big enough for two people.
你可以在我这里住几天。我的公寓可以住两个人。

take care of business负责
Who's going to take care of business while I am away?
我不在的时候谁负责?




take out on拿......出气
Don't take your frustrations out on me.
别把气出在我身上。

hot stuff大人物
He thinks he's hot stuff. But everybody else thinks he's a jerk.
他自以为了不得,但其他人认为他是个傻瓜。

分享到
重点单词
  • concentratev. 集中,专心,浓缩 n. 浓缩物
  • apparentadj. 明显的,表面上的
  • spoonn. 匙,调羹,匙状物 vt. 以匙舀起 vi. 调情
  • approachn. 接近; 途径,方法 v. 靠近,接近,动手处理
  • survivevt. 比 ... 活得长,幸免于难,艰难度过 vi.
  • illegaladj. 不合法的,非法的 n. 非法移民
  • lidn. 盖,眼睑 vt. 给 ... 装盖子 n.
  • buckn. (美元)块钱 n. 钱,鹿皮,(鹿皮等)制物,小伙
  • screwn. 螺钉,螺丝,螺旋,螺旋桨,螺状物 v. 拧,拧紧