别把英语当回事:教你最炫的地道美国口语
日期:2010-02-09 09:46

(单词翻译:单击)



bum rap:受冤枉


e.g. Just because you gained 10 kilos doesn't mean it's my fault. What a bum rap to blame me!
你长了10公斤不是我的错啊,你真是冤枉我了!

It was a bum rap. Eddie didn't steal those paintings.真是冤枉Eddie了,他可没偷这些画.



get the picture? 等于 do you understand? 你明白了么?

e.g. If you ask your mother for $5 and I ask mine, we'll have $10, get the picture? 果你向你妈妈要5美元,我也要我的,那么我们就有10美元了,懂了么?

I can't come out because I have to study. I need to pass the test. Get the picture? 我不能出去玩了,我得学习. 我需要通过考试.明白么?



take for granted 意思是 把什么东西当作是理所当然

e.g. His support cannot be taken for granted. We must ask him first. 他可不是理所当然支持我们.我们必须先问问他.

I never thank my mum. I take her love for granted. 我从来没有谢过我的妈妈.我觉得她对我的爱是理所当然的.



history:过去了,过去式

e.g. That girl is history. I broke up with her 2 months ago. This is my new girlfriend , she's Angela.我和前女友分手俩月了,她已经成为回忆了.这是我的新任女友,她叫安吉拉.

Duran, if you don't start working harder, you'll be history. 嘿,Duran!你知道吗?你要是工作不努力了,就得被别人顶了!



pet cause 爱好

e.g. I am trying to fix this old motorcycle. It's my new pet cause. 我一直在修理我的旧摩托车.这已经变成我新的爱好了.

Stop telling me how to live my life! I'm not your pet cause. 不要告诉我怎么生活.我可不是你的爱好.



a thorn in one's side 一个人或者事情总让你心痛,让你不舒服

e.g. The dog next door is a thorn in my side. It never stops barking. 隔壁的狗真的很让我反感,它总是不停的叫.

I wish I could stop thinking about my ex-girlfriend. She is nothing but a thorn in my side. 我希望我能尽快忘记我以前的女朋友.她是我心中永远的痛.



give somebody a hand: 帮助某人

e.g. I was lucky. My brother give me a hand with my home work last night . 我真是走运啊!昨晚我弟弟帮我完成了家庭作业.

My friend's boat was broken . So I stopped to give him a hand. 我朋友的汽艇坏了,因此我要去帮助他.



pick sth up:提高

e.g. If you want to get into Harvard . You're gonna need to pick up your work ! 如果你想进哈佛,你就得努力提高你的功课.

Since he's been training every day . His football skills have been picked up . 自从他每天坚持训练后,他的球技突飞猛进啊!



be on a tight schedule: 时间紧迫,迫在眉睫.

e.g. I was going to go sightseeing when I passed through Chicago . But my schedule was too tight. 我路径芝加哥时想观光游览一下,但我的日程安排的很满.



on leave: 获得许可休假 (在这里leave是个名词,很常用)

e.g. I was going to go to Hawaii next week, but I couldn't get my leave. 我原打算下周到夏威夷去度假的,但是我没有得到我的假期.



Get all rowdy. 局面都失去控制了

在这里 rowdy 有两个意思,这两个意思通常都是交缠在一起的,一个是noisy的意思,一个是out of hand(很失控,很失态)的意思.

e.g. The football match was incredibly rowdy. 这场足球比赛失控了.(也可能是这个足球比赛很混乱,场面很混乱)

After a few beers, he always becomes very rowdy. 几杯啤酒过后,他经常会变得容易失去控制(经常变的很失常,很失态).



all that

all that指物品时表示非常特别;指人时,如果是说自己,说明对自己评价过高,如果是说别人,可能是夸奖,也可能含有贬抑,要根据语境来考虑.

e.g. He kept on talking about his new car, but actually it isn't all that. 他经常提起他的新车,实际上它并没有他说的那么好.

After winning that game, he definitely thought he was all that. 赢了那场比赛之后,他就觉得自己很了不起了.
分享到
重点单词
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • thornn. 刺,荆棘
  • blamen. 过失,责备 vt. 把 ... 归咎于,责备
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.