美剧中出镜率极高的地道美语(2)
日期:2010-01-26 17:39

(单词翻译:单击)

Doesn' t look like you got off to a real good start.

"get off to a good start""有了好的开始.开门红"

eg: I really want to get off to a good start at my new job. I hope I don' t make any mistakes at my first week. 我真想让我的新工作有个好的开始,我可不想头一个礼拜就出错.

Annie' s date didn' t get off to a good start.Roger came to the restaurant 45 minutes late. Annie的约会开头可不太顺利,Roger迟到了45分钟才到餐厅.

It' s a lemon.

"lemon:sth that doesn' t work,不重用的东西,坏的"

eg: Carl said he lost his tennis match because his racket was a lemon. Carl之所以输掉比赛就是因为他的球拍坏了.

I returned my new DVD player to the store because it turned out to be a lemon.我把新买的DVD机退了,因为它不能用.

Guess I' m all set then.

"set ""准备好了,都齐了"

eg: A: Do you have everything you need for your trip?你旅行的东西都准备好了吗?

B: Yes, I' m all set.恩,都齐了.

She went ballistic.

"go ballistic ""要气死了,快气疯了"

eg: My boss went ballistic when I spilled wine on her new white dress.我不小心把酒撒在我老板新的白色裙子上,她快气疯了.

If Linda finds out she failed this class, she' ll go ballistic. 如果Linda要是知道她这门课挂了,她会气疯的.

Nothing you do is going to come between us.

"sth comes between ""使产生隔阂,受到影响"

eg: My parents are so in love, nothing will ever come between them. 我父母非常相爱,什么都不会影响他们的感情.

Joe and I used to be very good friends,but our political views came between us. 我原来有个好朋友Joe,但我们不同的政见弄得我们之间有隔阂了.

get over it 别再想了,别做梦了

eg: You are never going to marry Camron Diaz. Get over it! 你别再想娶Camron Diaz了,那不可能的.

I know you are upset about losing the game, but there' s nothing you can do about it .Get over it.我知道你为比赛失利的事不高兴,但也无济于事,别再想了.

he's not calling the shots.

"call the shots""负责或管谋事的"

eg: You must do what I tell you because I'm calling the shots around here.我让你干啥就干啥因为这儿我说了算.

Who is calling the shots for your team?你们队谁是头.

What's your beef with him.

"beef""有过结"

eg: Luke will not go to the party with us because he has some kind of a beef with the host. Luke 不会和我们去参加聚会了,因为他和party主人有点过结.

I have a big beef with people who say one thing and do something different.我很看不上那种心口不一的人.

It fell into my lap.

"sth falls into one's lap" "天上掉馅饼或意外得到的"

eg: My first chance to visit China fell into my lap.我第一次到中国是个天上掉馅饼的好事.

Fred's new job practically fell into his lap.Fred的新工作几乎是天上掉馅饼的大好事.

Why don't you get out of my face now?

"get out of my face""走开,滚开,马上消失"

eg: Can you make your dog get out of my face? I'm trying to study and he's bothering me.你能不能让你的狗走开,它打扰我学习了.

If you don't get out of my face,I'm going to call the police.要是你不走我叫警察了.

We' ve been flooded with phone calls and telegrams.

"be flooded with""被淹没,蜂拥而至"

eg: The radio station was flooded with phone calls from people requesting songs.人们要求点歌的电话快把电台淹没了.

Celebritied are often flooded with mail from their fans.名人们通常会收到大量的粉丝来信.

Don't you ever blow me off?

"blow sb/sth off""不重视,不在乎,不关心,忽视"

eg: I can't believe you blew off my phone calls. I really needed to talk to you.我真没想到你这么不重视我的来电,我真的很需要和你谈谈.

Just blow off what Eric said to you last night.I don't think he meant it.别他在意Eric昨晚和你说的话,我想他不是那个意思.

分享到
重点单词
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a