(单词翻译:单击)
Their whole world revolves around me.
"their whole world revolves around sb ""全世界的宠儿"
eg: The actress thought that the whole world revolved around her.
这个女演员以为她是世界的中心.
Sometimes I wished that the whole world revolved around me, so I could do whatever I wanted.
有时候我真希望世界都围着我转,那样我就可以为所欲为.
I can' t take it from here.
"take it from here ""从现在开始你负责"
eg: When the policemen arrived at the crime scene he announced that he could take it from here.
当警察到犯罪现场后,他宣布这里由他负责.
If you show me where we' ve studied so far I can take it from here. 你只要告诉我我们学到哪儿了,剩下的由我负责了.
Make up your mind.
"make up one' s mind ""下定决心"
eg: I just couldn' t make up my mind over what to wear to my best friend' s wedding.
我为参加我好朋友的婚礼穿什么衣服而拿不定主意.
I have to make up my mind quickly over/ about where to go for National Day.
国庆节去哪儿玩我得快点下顶决心.
You want me to ask off?
"ask off ""请假"
eg: I want to ask off for my birthday this year. 我今年生日的时候要请假.
A: Are you going to the soccer game this afternoon? 今天下午球赛你来吗?
B: No. I asked off, but my boss said he needs me in the office.我请过假了,但老板说他需要我留在办公室.
Like a geek from Kansas.
"geek""有点呆,笨"
eg: My brother is such a geek. He always wears clothes that make him look like a little boy.
我哥有点傻乎乎的,他总穿那些让他看起来象小孩的衣服.
Bill Gates was a computer geek in college, but now he' s a billionaire! 比尔盖次大学时候是个计算机呆子,但现在可是个亿万富翁.
I really think it' s gonna pay off.
"pay off ""有回报,有收获".
eg: College students always hope that their studying will pay off comeday.
大学生们希望他们的学业总有一天会有所回报的.
Learning a foreign language can be very frustrating, but it pays off. 学习一门外语非常郁闷,但总有回报的.
You' re kind of missing the point.
"miss the point ""误会,没明白"
eg: Vicky wants to have a baby because she thinks babies are cute,but I think she' s missing the point. Babies are a lot of work! Vicky想要个孩子,因为她觉得孩子特别可爱,我觉得她完全不了解这事.那可是很累人的.
I missed the point of the movie, can you explain it to me? 这电影我没看懂,你给我讲讲.
It' s a dream come true.
"dream come true ""美梦成真"
eg: Being a teacher was a dream come true for me, I' ve wanted to teach since I was 10 years old.我十岁起就想当老师,梦想终于实现了.
Penny was very happy with her wedding, It was a dream come true for her. Penny在婚礼上非常开心,她梦想成真了.
Waiting on her hand and foot.
"wait on sb ""服侍sb"
eg: A: I want to marry a man who will wait on me hand and foot.我想嫁一个服侍我的人.
B: Good luck finding one. 希望你能找到.
Gary' s family is very rich, They have a butler who waits on them. Gary家特有钱,他们家有管家伺候.
Word is. 据说,传闻
eg: Word is you and Matt are dating. Is it true?据说你Matt在约会,是真的吗?
A: The word is that Hillary Clinton will run for president in 2008.据说希拉里克林顿会参加08年总统大选.
B: Really?I hope she does because I really like her.
That' s very hip. Very cutting edge,guys.
"cutting-edge""尖端,前卫"
eg: Have you seen the Matrix movie? The special effects are very cutting-edge.看过黑客帝国这部电影吗?那特效作得非常前卫.
Japan produces many cutting-edge cars.One model can even park by itself. 有种车甚至可以自行停靠.
You' re for Randall, and not your father, for vice president.
"be for""支持,赞同,站在哪一边"
eg: We have got two different opinions. Which arguement are you for?你支持哪种意见?
I' m for more environmental protection because I don' t think the goverment is doing enough.我很支持环保,因为我觉得政府在这方面做得还不够.