常用英美语口语词汇和短语(part2)
日期:2010-01-15 14:15

(单词翻译:单击)



do the town 狂欢

e.g. I did the town with the old boys the other day.

前些天我和一班旧同学狂欢了一番.



down play 贬低、 对某事轻描淡写

e.g. The press has down played the president's role in the negotiations.

舆论遍地了总统在谈判中所起的作用.



dammit 诅咒语

e.g. Now dammit! Let's quit talking about this subject.

他妈的!我们不要在谈这个话题了.



dad, old dad 老兄,老弟

e.g. Here ,dad, have a bite. 来,老兄,吃点东西吧.


exo 形容第一流的事情

e.g. The dancer's performances were exo.

舞者的表演真是精彩.



eat 使心烦意乱、使愤怒

e.g. What's eating you today? You looked terrible.

你今天怎么了?你的样子难看极了.



fat pill 指吃了会令人发胖的食物

e.g. Stay away from the pastries. They are fat pills.

别吃那些油酥点心,他们会令你发胖.



fireworks 本意是焰火,口语上表示麻烦

e.g. It looks like there'll be fireworks if we cannot calm the excited fans of the singer.

如果我们不能使兴奋的歌迷安静下来的话,很有可能出麻烦.



funny farm 指精神病院

e.g. Better be serious, or else you'll be thrown into the funny farm..

严肃一点,否则把你送到精神病院去.



full of beans 指一个人生气勃勃

e.g. I felt full of beans after a good sleep.

睡了一大觉后,我感到精神奕奕.



go along for the ride 凑热闹而被动的参与、逢场作戏

e.g. I don't know anything about football. I'm just going along for the ride.

我对足球一无所知,只是去凑热闹而已.


get into the act 表示参加某些时髦的,属于上流社会的活动

e.g. She spent a lot of money on designer's clothes and liked to get into the act.

他花很多钱买名设计师做的衣服,并且喜欢参加上流社会的社交活动.



get canned/sacked 表示被辞退、炒鱿鱼

e.g. You'd better be careful or you're going to get yourself sacked.

你最好小心一点,否则你会被辞退.



get out of someone's face 在我面前消失

e.g. Get outta my face! I'm busy right now.

走开!我现在正忙着呢.



hack it 一.表示对付、二.表示宽容

e.g. Take it easy. We can surely hack it ourselves.

别急躁.我们是可以对付得来的.

分享到