美国电影里常见的俚语习语句型(1)
日期:2010-01-04 10:26

(单词翻译:单击)



get a lift 搭车



Make yourself useful. 让你有用起来。

Make yourself useful, ok? Go clean the garage

你能不能不闲着,把车库打扫一下。

I visit my friend and she’s cooking dinner for me. So I ask her, “Well Leez, can I make myself useful?”

我去朋友家,她做饭给我吃,于是我问她:“我能帮上什么忙吗?”

1. Don't stand about doing nothing-make yourself useful!
别闲呆着-做点有用的事!

2. "Stop daydreaming, wake up, stand up, and go out make yourself useful."
"别再做白日梦,醒过来,站起来,走出去,做个有用的人。"

3. Don't just sit there watching television—make yourself useful. Come and help us move these tables.
别只是光坐著看电视,让你自己有点作用。过来帮我们搬那些桌子。



beat sb to the draw 比别人抢先一步,抢先某人行动

We lost the project. Rainbow Company beat us to the draw.

这个项目我们没有拿到,因为彩虹公司抢先了一步。

Mary wanted to buy that painting by Picasso, but another millionaire beat her to the draw.

玛丽想买毕加索的那幅画,不过另一个百万富翁捷足先登了。



the order of the day 最重要的事

It'll take three months to repair the house. Now patience is the order of the day for us.

这个房子装修要三个月,对我们来说耐心是最重要的。

They won't start shooting for a month. Now, learning your role is the order of the day.

离片子的开拍还有一个月,现在熟悉你的角色是最重要的。



sneak into 潜入,悄悄的进入

If I come home late. I sneak into my house so I don't wake anyone up.

如果我回家晚了,我会静悄悄的进去,不吵醒别人。

My sister used to sneak into my bedroom at night and read my personal diary.

以前我姐姐(妹妹)经常晚上偷偷地溜进我的卧室,看我的私人日记。

We are staying in a hotel and are just propably going to sneak into another room.

我们会住在一家宾馆里的,到时候就可以溜到其他房间里去啦!



busting my ass 让……难堪/ 努力工作

I wish the directors just would stop, you know, busting my ass because I already have lots of problems.

我真的希望导演别再为难我,我的麻烦事已经够多了。

Every day I work, I bust my ass so my family can live well.

每天我努力工作,为了使我家人的生活好一些.



She's totally buying it她完全相信了

He said he could help me get a job at his company but I don't buy it. He doesn't have that much influence.

他说他能在他的公司帮我找到一份工作,我才不相信呢。他在公司没什么影响力的。


She told me she loved me but I don’t buy it. I saw her at dinner with her ex-boyfriend last night.

她说她爱我,但我不信,那天晚上我还看见她和她的前男友在一起吃饭.



ladies man有女人缘的男性

My cousin always has 2 or more women interested in him. He’s a real ladies man!

我的表弟身边总是有若干个女性对他感兴趣所以他是个非常有女人缘的男性。

My brother is a good looking guy and a smooth talker. Really he’s kind of a ladies man.

我的哥哥长的不错而且也很会讲话,他挺有女人缘。



just my luck 真倒霉,真不走运

1. Just my luck!

真不走运!

2 Just my luck that it's broken!

真衰,它坏了!



turn over a new leaf重新开始(改过自新,过新生活)

Now let's turn over a new leaf.

现在咱们从头开始(建立较好关系)。

I'm turning a new leaf ,No more drinking ,No more smoking,It's a healthy life from now on.

我决定改过自新,戒掉烟酒,过健康的生活。

分享到
重点单词
  • bustn. 半身像,胸部,萧条,破产 v. 打碎
  • diaryn. 日记,日记簿
  • smoothadj. 平稳的,流畅的,安祥的,圆滑的,搅拌均匀的,可
  • patiencen. 耐心,忍耐,毅力 n. 单人玩的牌戏
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳
  • rainbown. 彩虹 adj.五彩缤纷的