老美经常挂在嘴边的地道美语
日期:2009-12-18 17:43

(单词翻译:单击)

Bring it on在口语中很常用,是什么意思呢?

1.我准备好了,开始行动吧;

2.接受挑战或任务的时候的也可以说,表示很有信心;

3.开始打架或比赛的时候也能用,有时候会有挑衅的意味.

使用场合:在口语中使用,很常用,是个比较随便的短语,一般不会对你的上司、老师或长辈说,通常用于朋友之间.

Bring it on的基本意思就是我准备好了,想做什么就开始吧, 和just do it 、 let's go 、 let's do it相似.

A: Shall we go for that drink now? 我们去喝一杯怎么样?
B: Bring it on! 好啊!

A: I'm really looking forward to the football game on Saturday. 我很期待周六的球赛.
B: Bring it on! 没问题,咱们一起去吧.

在接受挑战或任务的时候也可以说,表示有信心.

例如,你和朋友要玩电子游戏,看谁的分数高:

A: Come on! Let's see who can get the best score in this game. 来啊,看谁能在这个游戏里得到最高分.
B: All right. Bring it on! 好,尽管放马过来!

第三个解释,在打架或发生口角时候也可以用.

A: Your girlfriend is ugly. 你的女朋友长的丑
B: What did you say? 你说什么?
A: I said, she's ugly. 我说她丑
B: Do you want to fight? 你想打架吗?
A: Bring it on!! 尽管来啊!



keep a low profile:保持低调

I try to be quiet and keep a low profile. It's hard because I just love attention.

我尽量安静并保持低调,对我来说很难,因为我喜欢被关注.

The government tries to keep a low profile about this issue.

政府力图在这个问题上保持低姿态.

You should keep a low profile until the trouble passes.

在麻烦过去之前,你做事要保持低调.



follow one's heart:心里怎么想就怎么做

I couldn't decide what to do, so I just followed my heart.

我决定不了怎么做,所以只有跟着感觉走.

That is great and I'm sure many people could do with a career change and hopefully follow their hearts and work with something they have great affinity for.

这很不错而且我确定,许多人可以依照自己的意愿来完成职业生涯的转变并且能更好投入自己喜欢的工作.



head in the clouds:脑子不清楚,想入非非

You have your head in the clouds. Only expert hikers can do that.

你是不是脑袋不太清楚?只有专业登山者才可能做的到.

Jack always has his head in the clouds.That's why he is still there.

杰克总是不切实际.这就是他一直停滞不前的原因.

Amy wants to buy a car for $500 dollars. She has her head in the clouds. The car is much more expensive than that.

艾米想花500美元买辆车,她头脑一定不清楚,一辆车的价钱当然不止500美元.



tricks of the trade:做工作或生意的方法诀窍或伎俩

As a journalist, you learn the tricks of the trade pretty quickly or you don't get your stories.

作为一名记者,应该尽快学会做记者的诀窍,不然你就得不到新闻题材.


catch up on things:叙旧

Long time no see big chance for us to catch up on things.

好久不见,难得坐下来聊一聊.

I'm gonna stay at home with my sister tonight. She just got back from London and we really need to catch up on things.

我今晚要在家陪我妹妹,她刚刚从伦敦回来,我和她要好好叙叙旧.

Hey,dude! I haven't seen you for a long time. Let's get together and catch up on things.

嘿,兄弟,好久不见,我们来聚聚聊聊天吧.



Up to speed:了解最新情况,掌握最新信息

It took a long time for the FBI to get up to speed on computer crime

美国联邦调查局花了很长时间才掌握了网络犯罪的最新信息.

I'll feel better about it when I get up to speed on what's going on.

如果我能知道事情的进展,我的心里会好受一些的.



Enough is enough:够了,适可而止,忍无可忍

Stop asking for money! Enough is enough!

别再要钱了,适可而止吧!

I've heard all the complaining from you that I can take. Enough is enough!

我已经受够了你的抱怨,够了!



Cut loose:放松,玩乐,享受,狂欢,不受约束,摆脱烦恼.

The holiday makers came to the beach for pleasure, and they really cut loose.

来度假的人纷纷到海滩上玩乐,而且他们很享受.

After a few glasses of wine everyone just cut loose and started dancing.

喝了几杯酒,大家很高兴的跳起舞来.

Time to cut loose.

该是放松的时候啦.

分享到
重点单词
  • scoren. 得分,刻痕,二十,乐谱 vt. 记分,刻划,划线,
  • affinityn. 姻亲,密切关系,吸引力
  • issuen. 发行物,期刊号,争论点 vi. & vt 发行,流