祝你提升魅力的英语口语
日期:2009-12-14 11:10

(单词翻译:单击)



I hate to burst your bubble.

burst one' s bubble :打破幻想


A: I dream of going to study at Harvard University.

我梦想能到哈佛读书.

B: I' m sorry to burst your bubble, but your grades are too low. You' ll never get accepted to Harvard.

我抱歉我打碎你的美梦,你分太低,哈佛不会录取你的.

My little sister thinks that Santa Claus is real. Don' t burst her bubble by telling her that he isn' t.

我妹妹认为圣诞老人是真的,别告诉她那是假的以免她失望.




Alone on the streets you don' t stand a chance.

stand a chance:有机会


He stands a good chance of getting that job. He is very qualified.

他很有机会得到这个工作,因为他很有资格.

You don' t stand a chance of losing weight if you eat at McDonald' s everyday!

你要是天天吃M,是没可能减肥的.




I' m feelig a little left out.

left out:被遗忘了


I felt left out when Lily forgot to invite me to her birthday party.

Lily忘了生日聚会请我,我觉得自己被遗忘了.

Jason didn' t go camping with us last weekend, so I think he feels left out when we talk about the trip.

Jason上周末没参加露营,所以当我们谈论那次行程的时候感觉他被我们遗忘了.




We' re going to make it Rose.

make it:达到目标

I didn' t think I was going to make it through the exam, it was so hard!

我没想到能通过考试,太难了!

He went to Hollywood to try and make it as an actor.

他到好莱坞去试试看能不能当个演员.



A strongly worded letter.

strongly worded:语言过激的


After I was fired, I wrote my boss a strongly worded letter.

我被辞之后,我给老板写了一封措辞强烈的信.

My dad and I had a strongly worded argument when I told him I wanted to drop out of school.

我告诉爸爸我想辍学时我们大吵了一架.




Don' t say your goodbeys.

不要放弃

I know you' re upset that you didn' t get the part, but don' t say your goodbeys to acting just yet.

我知道你为没得到角色而烦恼,但现在还不是放弃的时候.

Don' t say your goodbeys to this relationship, I still love you.

不要放弃我们的感情好吗,我依然还爱着你.




he's not calling the shots.

call the shots:负责或管谋事的

You must do what I tell you because I'm calling the shots around here.

我让你干啥就干啥因为这儿我说了算.

Who is calling the shots for your team?

你们队谁是头.




2.What's your beef with him.

beef:有过结

eg: Luke will not go to the party with us because he has some kind of a beef with the host. Luke

不会和我们去参加聚会了,因为他和party主人有点过结.

I have a big beef with people who say one thing and do something different.

我很看不上那种心口不一的人.




It fell into my lap.

sth falls into one's lap:天上掉馅饼或意外得到的

My first chance to visit China fell into my lap.

我第一次到中国是个天上掉馅饼的好事.

Fred's new job practically fell into his lap.

Fred的新工作几乎是天上掉馅饼的大好事.




Doesn' t look like you got off to a real good start.

get off to a good start:有了好的开始,开门红

I really want to get off to a good start at my new job. I hope I don' t make any mistakes at my first week.

我真想让我的新工作有个好的开始,我可不想头一个礼拜就出错.

Annie' s date didn' t get off to a good start.Roger came to the restaurant 45 minutes late.

Annie的约会开头可不太顺利,Roger迟到了45分钟才到餐厅.

分享到
重点单词
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • lilyadj. 纯白的 n. 百合花
  • qualifiedadj. 有资格的,有限制的
  • bubblen. 气泡,泡影 v. 起泡,冒泡
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • burstn. 破裂,阵,爆发 v. 爆裂,迸发
  • actingn. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱