1、 Most people are too anxious during tests. Such anxiety makes them less efficient than normal. As a result, their scores are much lower than they expected.
2. The office of Mr. Arthur Tiger, the prominent industrialist, was broken into during the weekend. A small amount of money was taken and the office itself was left in a terrible mess.
3. A job interview works both ways. On the one hand, employers measure shortlisted candidates during the conversation. On the other, prospective employees can decide whether the job in question is right for them.
4. The stock exchange index was 998 in June, 2005. Yesterday, it reached 5, 960 which is the highest in history and almost 6 times higher than 2 year ago.
股票指数在2005年6月是998. 昨天，达到5，960. 这是历史最高峰，股指比两年前升了六倍。
5. By far, the most serious economic problem in Britain is that of inflation, now being accelerated by overheated investment in capital and property and threatened further by a possible wage explosion.
1. Water is great medicine needed to maintain a healthy body and a clear mind. About 60%of your body is water and you must constantly resupply it. The standard recommendation is to drink at least 8 glasses a day. When you are exercising, your need even more water because you are sweating and losing water. Of course, warm temperatures also increase water loss. Just walking for an hour on a warm day may increase your requirement by 2 glasses or more.
2. Some people might think that being a foreign student is an easy task to do. It is not true. We live between two worlds. One, a world of memories, a world of the past where we get our strength to deal with the difficulties of growing up to and adapting to new places, a world that nobody here knows. Two, a world of the present, strange and unfamiliar. A world where only we can take care of ourselves. A world where the rules and values are so different from the ones I was born to.