剑桥雅思12真题听力 第22期:Test3(section3-2)
日期:2017-07-17 14:18

(单词翻译:单击)

So basically, the problem we're addressing in our case study of the Horton Castle site is why so few tourists are visiting it.
所以,基本上,我们要在关于Horton城堡的案例研究中解决的问题就是为什么来游览的旅客这么少。
And we'll find out more from our interviews, but I did find one report on the internet
我们会从采访中发现更多信息,不过我倒是在网上找到一篇报告,
that suggested that one reason might be because as far as transport goes, access is difficult.
它表示其中的一个原因或许是交通问题,因为来城堡比较困难。
I read that too, but that report was actually written ten years ago,
我也读了那篇报告,但它是十年前写的,
when the road there was really bad, but that's been improved now.
那时候路况还很糟糕,不过如今已经有了改善。
And I think there's plenty of fascinating stuff there for a really good day out,
而且我认为城堡里有很多吸引人的东西,是外出游玩一天的好去处,
but you'd never realise it from the castle website - maybe that's the problem.
不过这从城堡的网页上是看不出来的,也许这才是问题所在。
Yes, it's really dry and boring.
嗯,那个网页确实乏味无聊。
I read somewhere a suggestion that what the castle needs is a visitor centre.
我从别的地方看过一个建议是说城堡需要一个游客中心。
So we could have a look for some information about that on the internet.
我们可以在网上找一找相关的信息。
What would we need to know?
我们要知道些什么呢?
Well, who'd use it for a start.
首先是给谁用的?
It'd be good to know what categories the visitors fell into too, like school parties or retired people,
要是能知道哪些类别的游客会来就好了,比如说学校团体或是退休人群,
but I think we'd have to talk to staff to get that information.
不过我觉得我们得跟那儿的工作人员谈谈才能得到这些信息。
OK. And as we're thinking of suggesting a visitor centre we'd also have to look at potential problems.
嗯。在考虑游客中心的建议的同时,我们还得看看有什么潜在的问题。
I mean, obviously it wouldn't be cheap to set up.
我的意思是,很明显建立游客中心并不便宜。
No, but it could be a really good investment.
不便宜,但那会是一项很好的投资。
And as it's on a historical site it'd need to get special planning permission, I expect.
而且因为是在历史遗迹上,我预计得获得特别计划许可才行。
That might be hard.
这或许会很难。
Right, especially as the only possible place for it would be at the entrance, and that's right in front of the castle. Mmm.
是的,尤其是唯一的可能选址还是在入口处,而那儿正好就在城堡的前面。哎!
But it could be a good thing for the town of Horton.
不过对 Horton 镇来说,这可能是件好事。
At present it's a bit of a ghost town.
现在它多少还是座鬼城。
Once they've left school and got any skills or qualifications,
年轻人一旦离开学校,或是学会了某项技能、得到了什么资格证书,
the young people all get out as fast as they can to get jobs in the city,
就会尽快离开镇子到城里去找工作,
and the only people left are children and those who've retired.
留下来的人都是小孩子和退休的人。
Right. Something else we could investigate would be the potential damage that tourists might cause to the castle site,
是的。其他可以调研的事情就是游客可能给城堡遗迹造成的潜在破坏,
I mean their environment impact.
我是指他们的环境影响。
At present the tourist can just wander round wherever they want,
目前游客们可以想到哪逛就到哪逛,
but if numbers increase, there might have to be some restrictions, like sticking to marked ways.
但是如果游客数量增加,或许就得加以限制,比如说只能在标记好的路线上游览。
And there'd need to be guides and wardens around to make sure these were enforced.
而且得有导游和督察员确保这些举措得以实行。
Yes, we could look at that too. OK, well...
是的,这些也可以考虑。好的,那...

分享到
重点单词
  • fascinatingadj. 迷人的
  • potentialadj. 可能的,潜在的 n. 潜力,潜能 n. 电位,
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • investigatev. 调查,研究 [计算机] 研究
  • transportn. 运输、运输工具;(常用复数)强烈的情绪(狂喜或狂怒
  • wandervi. 徘徊,漫步,闲逛,迷路,蜿蜒 vt. 漫步于 n
  • environmentn. 环境,外界
  • impactn. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力) vt. 挤入,压紧
  • castlen. 城堡 v. 置于城堡中,(棋)移动王车易位
  • boringadj. 令人厌烦的