(单词翻译:单击)
In a specific situation, our thoughts might focus more on promotion goals or more on prevention goals.
在具体情况下,我们的想法可能会更关注提升性目标,也有可能更注重预防性目标。
The theory suggests that two factors affect which goals we are focusing on.
这个理论显示有两个因素会影响我们关注的目标。
First, there is a chronic factor.
第一个是习惯性因素,
This factor is connected to a person's personalit and says that each person has a basic tendency to either focus more on promotion goals or focus more on prevention goals as part of his or her personality.
这个因素与人的个性有关,每个人都有一个基本倾向会把提升性目标和预防性目标之一视为其性格中的一部分。
Second, there is a situational factor which means that the context we are in can make us more likely to focus on one set of goals or the other.
第二个是情境因素,也就是说我们身处的情境能够使我们更加关注两种目标中的一个。
For example, we are more likely to be thinking about pleasure and to have promotion goals when we are spending time with a friend.
举个例子来说,当我们和朋友在一起的时候,会更倾向于想到愉悦以及获得提升性目标。
In contrast, if we are working on an important project for our boss,
相反的,当我们在为老板完成一个重要的项目时,
we are more likely to try to avoid making mistakes and therefore have more prevention goals in our mind.
更可能会试图避免出错,因此会在心中产生更多预防性目标。
Research has shown that the goals we are focusing on at a given time affect the way we think.
研究表明,我们在特定时间里关注的目标类型会影响我们的思考方式。
For example, when focusing on promotion pals people consider their ideal self their aspirations and gains.
比如,当人们关注的是提升性目标时,他们会想到理想中的自己、他们的抱负和收获,
They don't think about what they can lose, so they think in a happier mode.
而不会想到自己可能会失去的东西,他们会以一种更开心的模式进行思考,
They feel more inspired to change.
会更激发他们去做出改变。
When people are focusing on prevention goals, they think about their "ought" self.
当人们更加关注预防性目标时,他们想到的是“应该自我”
What are they supposed to be?
他们应该是什么样子?
What are people expecting from them?
大家对他们的期待是怎样的?