北师大版高中英语(必修5):Literature Spot 5—Sir Gawain And The Green Knight(3)
日期:2016-08-10 13:18

(单词翻译:单击)

As they had agreed, the Green Knight took the axe.
和他们约定的一样,绿衣骑士拿起了斧子。
He was going to cut off Sir Gawain's head, when suddenly he stopped.
他要砍下高文爵士的头,就在那时,他突然停住了。
He tried a second time, but again stopped.
他试了第二次,但又一次停住了。
The third time, he cut Sir Gawain's neck a little, but didn't hurt him.
第三次,他稍微砍了高文爵士的脖子一下,但是没有伤害他。
Sir Gawain was angry.
高文爵士很生气。
He said: "Why did you try three times?
他说:“你为什么试了三次?
We agreed only once!"
我们约好只有一次!”
The Green Knight told him that he was, in fact, the lord of the castle.
绿衣骑士告诉他,事实上他就是城堡的主人。
"I didn't cut you the first two times because you were honest for two days!
“前两次我没有砍你是因为你前两天是诚实的!
But on the third day, you didn't tell me about the belt.
但是在第三天,你没有告诉我腰带的事。
So I had to cut you!"
所以我必须砍你!”
Sir Gawain returned to King Arthur's court.
高文爵士回到了亚瑟王的宫廷。
He was sad because he had not been honest.
他很沮丧因为他不诚实。
He decided to wear the belt around his neck for the rest of his life.
他决定余生都把那条腰带戴在他的脖子上。
He told King Arthur: "When I become arrogant,
他告诉亚瑟王:“当我变得骄傲时,
I can look at the belt and remember that I am not a perfect knight."
我可以看看这条腰带,记住我不是一个完美的骑士。”

分享到