北师大版高中英语(必修5):Unit14 Lesson3 Nine to Five(1)
日期:2016-07-23 11:21

(单词翻译:单击)

Lesson 3 Nine to Five
第三课 朝九晚五

The Road to Success
成功之路

As a child, Wang Junyan never dreamed of becoming a famous person on TV.
孩提时,王君燕从未梦想过成为一名著名的电视人。
"I never thought about going on TV
“我从来没想过从事电视工作,
because my family didn't even have one until I was in junior high school!" she explained.
因为直到上初中我家才有了一台电视机。”她解释说。
Now Wang Junyan is the presenter for Universe TV's news programmes.
现在王君燕是环球电视新闻节目的主持人。
I asked her how she had achieved success
我问她是怎样获得成功的,
and she told me that being curious, working hard, and believing in what was true
她告诉我,好奇心、努力以及相信事实,
made her the success she is today.
造就了她今天的成功。
"It was my mother who taught me to be curious.
“是母亲教我对事物充满好奇心。
She had a great love of everything in the universe
她热爱宇宙万物,
and she taught me to be interested in mankind and nature,
她教我对人类和自然感兴趣,
everything from plants to insects," Junyan told me.
包括从植物到昆虫的一切事物,”君燕告诉我。
"We would look in old nests to find birds' feathers
“我们会翻看旧鸟巢,寻找小鸟的羽毛,
and we would even turn over stones to look at the little creatures there.
我们甚至会翻开石头看那些小动物。
I loved doing that," remembered Junyan.
我喜欢那样做。”君燕回忆说。
She said, "My mother was a strong character.
她说,“我母亲是个坚强的人。
Although there were lots of difficulties to overcome, she never let her problems defeat her.
虽然生活中会碰到种种困难,但是她从不被困难所打倒。
She worked extremely hard to support me through school and during my time at Fudan University in Shanghai.
她非常辛苦地工作,来资助我上学和在上海复旦大学的日子。
Her attitude towards life will never stop influencing my thoughts and actions."
她对生活的态度会永远影响我的想法和行为。”
After graduating from university, Wang Junyan became a reporter for a local newspaper.
大学毕业之后,王君燕成为了一家当地报纸的记者。
She said she chose to be a journalist
她说她选择做一名记者
because it is important that people grasp what is going on around them.
是因为人们能了解周围发生的事情是很重要的。

分享到
重点单词
  • defeatn. 败北,挫败 vt. 战胜,击败
  • universen. 宇宙,万物,世界
  • extremelyadv. 极其,非常
  • curiousadj. 好奇的,奇特的
  • overcomevt. 战胜,克服,(感情等)压倒,使受不了 vi. 获
  • presentern. 主持人,提出者,呈献者,