北师大版高中英语(必修4):Unit12 Lesson3 Living Abroad(1)
日期:2016-07-31 13:45

(单词翻译:单击)

Lesson 3 Living Abroad
第3课 在国外生活
When I first arrived in San Francisco,
我刚到旧金山时,
I had a difficult time understanding certain aspects of the American way of doing things.
有段时间我觉得很难理解美国人的某些处事方式。
Once I went to visit an American friend.
一次,我去拜访一位美国朋友。
After a splendid evening, I finished my cocoa and got ready to leave.
过了美好的一个夜晚后,我喝完可乐,准备离开。
As soon as we said goodbye, my friend went back to his room closing the door behind him.
但是我们刚互致再见,这位朋友转身就关上了门。
It made me feel that I was not really welcome.
这使我感到自己不是很受欢迎。
Jin Li
金力
I've always been outgoing
我是一个外向的人,
but since an embarrassing experience in a New York restaurant I've been much more cautious.
但是自从在纽约的一家饭店有过一次尴尬的经历后,我比较小心了。
I was enjoying my dessert and talking to my American friend Janice at the table
我和我的美国朋友詹妮斯正在餐桌前边吃甜点边聊天,
when I noticed people staring at us.
突然发现人们在注视着我们。
I asked Janice what was wrong and she told me that I was talking too loudly.
我问詹妮斯出什么事了,她说是因为我说话声音太大了。
She said that to some American people, it sounded like I was shouting.
她告诉我,在某些美国人看来,我说话的声音听起来就像在喊叫。
I whispered for the rest of the evening.
那天晚上后来的时间,我一直在小声说话。
Wang Lei
王磊
What did I learn about Chinese customs from my exciting exchange to China?
我从令人兴奋的中国文化交流学到了什么?
Well, the Chinese are extremely welcoming.
嗯,中国人特别好客。
One evening, I was invited to a Chinese family dinner.
有一天晚上,我被邀情参加一个中国家庭的晚餐。
I had a good appetite and the food was yummy.
我胃口很好,吃了很多可口的食物。
But my host kept on putting more food in my rice bowl.
但是吃饱后主人还是不停地往我碗里夹菜。
They didn't seem to hear me saying "No, thank you" in my poor spoken Chinese.
好像根本没听见我用蹩脚的中文说“不用了,谢谢。”
This was a very special experience I had in China.
这是我在中国的一次特殊经历。
In my culture, you don't get more food if you don't ask for more.
在我们国家,如果你不想再要的话,没人会给你再加饭菜。
Martin
马丁

分享到
重点单词
  • cautiousadj. 十分小心的,谨慎的
  • extremelyadv. 极其,非常
  • appetiten. 嗜好,食欲,欲望
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • outgoingadj. 喜欢外出的,离开的,外向的 n. 外出,开支,
  • exchangen. 交换,兑换,交易所 v. 交换,兑换,交易
  • bowln. 碗,碗状物,季后赛,圆形露天剧场 v. 打保龄球,