(单词翻译:单击)
英语口语
Senior English for China Student's Book 1B
中国高级中学英语 学生用书
Unit 13 Healthy eating
第13单元 吃出健康
Speaking Work together with your partner.
说与你的同伴合作。
Choose one of these situations and write a dialogue.Then act it out.
选择下列情景之一编一段对话,然后表演出来。
DR YANG:What can I do for you,Sharon?
杨医生:莎伦,你有什么不舒服?
SHARON:Well,I couldn't sleep last night.
莎伦:唉,昨晚我没睡好。
DR YANG:What's the matter?
杨医生:哪里不舒服?
SHARON:I've got a pain here.Just here.Ouch!
莎伦:我这儿有点疼,就是这儿,哎呀!
DR YANG:What did you eat yesterday?
杨医生:昨天你吃什么?
SHARON:For lunch I had noodles,salad, and later a peach.
莎伦:午饭时,我吃了一些面条,一份色拉,后来又吃了一个桃子。
I didn't have any supper because I didn't feel very well.
因为觉得不舒服,就没有吃晚饭。
DR YANG:Was the peach ripe or green?
杨医生:桃子是熟的还是有点生?
You ought to be careful with fruit.
吃水果时,应该当心点。
SHARON:It was a bit green.
莎伦:有点生。
DR YANG:I think that may be the problem It's nothing serious.
杨医生:那就是问题所在了,这没什么严重的。
You'd better get some rest.Take this medicine three times a day.
你最好休息一下,这药每天吃三次。
You'll be all right soon.
你很快会好的。
And I advise you not to eat fruit that isn't ripe in the future.
我建议你以后不要吃不熟的水果。
SHARON:OK.Thank you. Goodbye.
莎伦:好的,谢谢。再见。
英语阅读
Reading WE ARE WHAT WE EAT
阅读 吃出健康
Choosing what to eat is no longer as easy as it once was.
选择吃什么不像以前那么简单了。
and the fuel we need for our bodies is also different.
我们的身体所需要的热量也与以往不同了。
Traditional diets often have too much fat
传统的饮食中脂肪太多,
and too many calories for the 21st-century person.
对于21世纪的人而言,热量过多。
If we want to keep up with the high pace of modern life,
如果我们想与现代生活的快节奏保持同步。
we had better learn to make the right choices about what and how we eat.
我们最好学会正确选择吃什么和怎么吃。
Stores offer all kinds of food and snacks and we have to make many choices.
商场中提供各种各样的食物和快餐,我们必须作出多种选择。
When we choose what to buy and eat,
我们在选择买什么和吃什么时,
we had better think whether the food will give us the nutrients we need.
最好想一想,这些食物能否给予我们所需的营养。
Some nutrients help build our body and make it stronger.
有些营养能帮助我们增强体质,
Protein,for example,is good for our muscles.
比如,蛋白质就对我们的肌肉有好处。
Fish,meat and beans contain a lot of protein.
鱼,肉和豆类食品含有大量蛋白质。
Calcium,which is found in eggs,milk and other dairy products,
鸡蛋,牛奶和其他的乳制品中所含的钙。
is good for our bones and teeth.
对我们的骨骼和牙齿有好处。
We should also eat carbohydrates,the main fuel for our body,
我们还应该摄入我们身体所需的主要养料--碳水化合物。
which we can get from bread,rice and noodles.
我们可以从馒头,米饭和面条中得到它。
Other nutrients,such as fibre and minerals,
其他的营养,比如纤维和矿物质,
help keep our body functioning well.
能帮助我们的身体顺利运转。
Vitamins,which we can get from eating vegetables,fruit,
维他命,我们可以从蔬菜和水果,
fish and drinking milk,help our body fight disease.
鱼和饮牛奶中得到,能帮助我们抗击疾病。
But the choices we make are not just about nutrition.
但是,我们所做的决定并非仅仅是营养方面的。
Many people today
如今许多人
make choices about their eating habits based on what they believe.
选择他们赖以相信的饮食习惯。
Eating habits become part of who we are.
饮食习惯变成了我们(观念)诠注:
Some people become vegetarians
有些人们成为素食者。
because they believe it is healthier not to eat meat
因为他们相信不吃肉有利于健康
or because they think we should not kill animals for food.
或者因为他们认为我们不应该杀生取食。
Others become vegans and will not eat any animal products at all,
另外一些人成为纯素食者,根本不吃动物制品。
not even yoghurt or eggs.
就连牛奶和鸡蛋也一口不吃。
We also make choices based on how the products are grown or made:
我们还根据食物的加工制作方式进行选择:
environment ally friendly food,or"eco-food",
环保食物和生态食物
is produced by companies who have tried to use green and clean ways to grow it.
被公司用绿色,卫生的方式来制作。
Organic vegetables are those that are grown without chemicals
有机蔬菜是指生长过程中没有使用过化学药品
that can be harmful to human beings or the environment.
对人体或环境有害的的蔬菜。
Because we have so much to choose from,
因为我们要做出的选择很多。
many companies and stores offer advice about what we should eat.
于是公司和商场就有关我们该吃什么的问题提供建议。
Books,magazines and television shows
书籍,报刊和电视节目
tell us about food and pills we should buy to become smarter,
对我们的食物和药丸献计献策,告诉我们应该购 买什么才能使自己更聪明
healthier and more beautiful.
更健康,更漂亮。
It is probably better,however,
就会好一些.然而,
if we spend our time and money on buying good food and keeping a balanced diet.
如果我们花费时间和金钱去购买合适的食物,保持平衡饮食。
If we eat healthy food in the right amounts,
如果我们的饮食中包含了所有的食物组合用量适当。
we do not have to buy any supplements.
我们就无须去购买补充食品。
The same goes for"crash diets "
"速食食疗"
that some companies say will make us lose weight fast.
一些公司建议我们用来快速减肥。
Instead of eating expensive diet of foods or going on unhealthy diets,
不用吃贵重的食品或不健康的食品,
we can simply try to eat less fat and sugar and exercise more.
我们只要少吃脂肪少吃糖,多做运动就足够了。
The best way to make sure that we will feel and look fine
能够确实让我们感觉良好,气色健康的最好办法
is to develop healthy eating habits.
是养成健康的饮食习惯。
We ought to learn more about our body and the fuel it needs to keep fit.
我们应该更多地了解我们的身体以及它所需的热量。
Only in that way will we be ready for the challenges
这样我们就能保证自己做好充分的准备去迎接挑战
and opportunities in life.
和生活中的机遇.
综合技能
INTEGRATING SKILLS Reading and writing
综合技能 读和写
SNACKS Even if we choose nutritious food for our main meals,
零食 即使我们选择有营养的食物作为主食,
we probably still need to refuel now and then.
我们仍可能需要时不时地补充营养。
We can give our body and brain more energy by eating snacks.
我们可以通过吃零食给身体及大脑补充更多能量。
Good snacks should not have too much fat or sugar.
好的零食不应包含过量的脂肪和糖分。
That means that an apple,a banana,or an orange is a good choice,
这就是说,一个苹果或一根香蕉是明智的选择,
but a bar of chocolate or a bag of potato chips is not.
而一块巧克力或一包炸薯条则不是。
Fruit gives us carbohydrates,which our body and brain use for energy.
水果提供我们碳水化合物,这是我们的身体和大脑所需的能量.
They also give us fibre and Vitamin C.
同样也提供维他命C和纤维。
文本来源于在线英语听力室