(单词翻译:单击)
Section B
B部分
In this section, you will hear two long conversations.
下面你将听到2段长对话。
Each conversation will be read only once.
每段对话只读一遍。
At the end of each conversation, there will be a one-minute pause. During the pause, read the questions and the four choices marked A, B, C and D, and decide which is the best answer.
听完每段对话后,你有一分钟的时间来阅读问题及A、B、C、D四个选项,并从中选出最佳答案。
Then mark the corresponding letter on the answer sheet with a single line through the centre.
然后在答题卡上相应的字母中心划一条横线。
Conversation One
对话1
Good morning. Take a seat.
早上好。请坐。
Thank you. This is a very nice office.
谢谢。这间办公室真漂亮。
It must be nice working in an office like this.
在这样的办公室里工作一定很棒。
Yes. Now, do you know anything about Hall International?
是的。你对霍尔国际有什么了解吗?
Yes, indeed I do.
有,我确实有了解。
And I’m very interested in what you do.
我对你们的工作很感兴趣。
What do we do?
我们都做什么工作?
The organization was set up to build hospitals in the developing world.
组织成立的目的是在发展中国家建造医院。
I was reading your website and I found that at the moment, you’re building hospitals in India, Peru and Brazil.
我看了你们的网站,发现你们目前正在印度、秘鲁和巴西建设医院。
Well, I really want to do work like that.
嗯,我真的很想做这样的工作。
Well, is there any travel involved?
嗯,需要出差吗?
Yes, there certainly is.
是的,肯定会需要。
We plan to send the successful candidates to places where we have building projects.
我们计划把成功的候选人送到我们有建筑项目的地方。
Now let’s have a look at your application form...second class degree in Civil Engineering from Imperial College, London.
现在我们来看一下你的申请表……伦敦帝国学院土木工程二等学位。
Good university, but not a very good degree.
大学很好,但学位不是很好。
Well, it’s a very difficult course.
嗯,课程很难。
I worked extremely hard and I’m very enthusiastic about all aspects of the subject.
我非常努力,我对这门学科的方方面面都有很大热情。
OK, I see.
好的,我明白了。
