(单词翻译:单击)
Part I Listening Comprehension
第一部分 听力理解
Section A
A部分
In this section, you will hear five short conversations.
下面你将听到5段短对话。
Each conversation will be read only once.
每段对话只读一遍。
At the end of each conversation, there will be a twenty-second pause. During the pause, read the question and the four choices marked A, B, C and D, and decide which is the best answer.
听完每段对话后,你有20秒的时间来阅读问题及A、B、C、D四个选项,并从中选出最佳答案。
Then mark the corresponding letter on the answer sheet with a single line through the centre.
然后在答题卡上相应的字母中心划一条横线。
1. May I have the day off next Friday?
下周五我可以请一天假吗?
Well, we’re very busy then. Is it important?
嗯,那时候我们很忙。你是有很重要的事吗?
Er, yes, it is, really. It’s my cousin’s wedding.
呃,是的,真的很重要。我要参加表弟的婚礼。
Oh, well! Of course you can.
哦,好吧!当然可以请一天假。
2. James, did you see a letter from Brazil on this desk?
詹姆斯,你看到桌子上有一封来自巴西的信了吗?
Yes, it’s here.
是的,在这里。
Oh, good. Where’s the envelope?
哦,太好了。信封在哪里?
I threw it away. Why?
我把它扔掉了。怎么了?
It had some nice stamps on it.
上面有几张很漂亮的邮票。
I want to get them for my brother.
我想把它们送给我弟弟。
3. Hello, where’s everyone?
你好,大家都到哪里去了?
I’ve got no idea, Mr. Joyce.
我不知道,乔伊斯先生。
How was your grandmother?
你奶奶怎么样了?
Oh, she was fine.
哦,她很好。
I’d better go and collect my car from the police station.
我最好去警察局取我的车。
You know, I’d only parked on a double yellow line while I was getting her some flowers.
你知道,我只是在给她买花的时候把车停在了双黄线上。
4. Ah, Jacky! You’re back from New York.
啊,杰克!你从纽约回来了。
Yes, Fiona. I’ve been doing market research there.
是的,菲奥娜。我一直在那里做市场调查。
I know. How did you get on?
我知道呀。你调查得怎么样?
Well, what I saw in the States astonished me...really!
我在美国的所见所闻让我大吃一惊……真的!
I think there’ll be a lot of demand for our new personal computers.
我想那里对我们新推出的个人电脑会有很大需求。
5. I don’t buy a newspaper every day.
我不会每天都买报纸。
When I do buy one, it tends to be The Guardian.
买的话我通常买《卫报》。
It’s well written, and it doesn’t have a predictable political bias.
它写得很好,而且没有预想中的政治偏见。
It also has a crossword that is exactly the right level of difficulty for me.
它还有一个纵横字谜板块,对我来说难度恰到好处。
Which newspapers do you read?
你看哪些报纸?
I get The Independent every day, and The Observer on Sundays.
我每天看《独立报》,星期天看《观察家报》。
They’re the only newspapers I trust.
它们是我唯一信任的报纸。
Why do you choose them?
你为什么选择它们?
They don’t have the obvious political affiliations.
它们没有明显的政治立场。
They seem relatively impartial.
它们看起来比较中立。
They have interesting sections.
它们的板块很有趣。
And The Independent has good coverage of the arts.
《独立报》的艺术报道很好。
