(单词翻译:单击)
Hi, Molly. Where's your brother Larry? I thought he was joining us.
嗨,茉莉 。你弟弟拉里呢?我以为他和我们一块的 。
Hi, Kathy. I'm sorry. Larry can't join us after all. He is working late tonight.
嗨,凯西 。抱歉,拉里不能和我们一起了 。他今晚要工作到很晚 。
Oh, Larry's working late again?
拉里又要工作到很晚?
Yeah, he is.
是的 。
I see…I really don't think sixteen-year-olds should be allowed to work at night. Young people need to sleep.
我明白了...我真的认为16岁的孩子不应该工作到很晚 。年轻人需要睡眠 。
Oh, I disagree with you. Teenage boys never get tired.
哦,我不同意 。十几岁的男生从不会觉得累 。
Well, maybe. But Larry shouldn't work every night.
好吧,或许是 。但拉里不应该每晚都工作 。
That's true. He needs time to do homework.
没错 。他需要时间做家庭作业 。
And you know, Molly…he should really cut his hair.
还有你知道么,茉莉...他真应该剪头发了 。
Oh, I don't know. Do you think it’s too long?
哦,我不知道 。你觉得太长了么?
Yes, I do. It doesn't look clean. And I think he should stop wearing that silly earring.
是的 。看起来不整洁 。我认为他不应该戴那些蠢蠢的耳环 。
Hmm…I disagree. I kind of like it. It looks cool!
嗯...我不同意 。我挺喜欢的 。看起来很酷!
You know another thing that worries me? Larry doesn't seem to have many friends.
你知道还有另一件让我担心的事吗?拉里似乎没什么朋友 。
Yeah, I know. I think he shouldn't work on weekends.
是的,我知道 。我认为他不应该在周末工作 。
That's right. He needs to spend time with friends.
没错 。他需要花时间和朋友待在一起 。