(单词翻译:单击)
Gift of the Magi
麦琪的礼物
Tomorrow will be Christmas.
明天就是圣诞节了 。
But Della feels very sad, because she has no money to buy a present for her husband, Jim.
但是黛拉很难过,因为她没有钱给她的丈夫吉姆买一件礼物 。
In fact, Della and Jim have two precious possessions.
其实,黛拉和吉姆有两件宝贝 。
They are Jim's gold watch and Della's long beautiful hair, which are the only wealth for them.
那就是吉姆的金表和黛拉漂亮的长发,这是他们仅有的财产 。
Della had her hair cut, sold it and bought a gold watch chain for Jim.
黛拉把头发剪了卖掉,给吉姆买了一个金表链 。
Now, Della is at home.
现在,黛拉到家了 。
(All of a sudden, the door opens and Jim comes in.)
(突然门开了,吉姆走了进来 。)
You-?
你...?
Jim. don't look at me that way.
吉姆,别那样看着我 。
I had my hair cut off and sold it because I couldn't have lived through Christmas without giving you a present.
我把头发剪了卖掉了,因为我不能连圣诞节都不送你一份礼物 。
Jim, it will grow quickly. Say "Merry Christmas!" Jim, and let's be happy.
吉姆,它很快就会长出来的 。说“圣诞快乐!”吉姆,我们开心点 。
You've cut off your hair?
你把头发剪了?
I've cut it off and sold it. It's sold.
我把头发剪掉卖了 。卖了 。
I tell you, sold and gone, too. It's Christmas eve, Jim. Please understand.
我跟你说,卖了,没有了 。今天是圣诞节前夕,吉姆 。请理解一下 。
I sold my hair so that I could give you something for Christmas.
我把头发卖了,这样我就能给你买一份圣诞礼物了 。
Well, Dalla, I do understand. Don't worry.
嗯,黛拉,我理解 。别担心 。
The fact that you have a different hair cut could not possibly make me love you less.
你发型变了,我依然会很爱你 。
I know you sold your hair for me. Now look at this present I got for you.
我知道你为了我把头发卖了 。现在看我给你准备的礼物 。
Ah! The combs. They were in the shop windows for many months!
啊!梳子 。它们在橱窗里好几个月了!
Yes, the beautiful combs, with jeweled rims-just the color to wear in your beautiful hair.
是啊,好看的梳子,还有一圈珠宝——颜色跟你的头发很配 。
But, Jim. They are expensive combs.
可是,吉姆 。这梳子很贵 。
I know, my heart had longed for them without the least hope of owning them.
我知道,我很喜欢它们,可我从来没想过要拥有 。
Now they are mine. Thank you, Jim.
现在它是我的了 。谢谢你,吉姆 。
Now, you will see why I was upset at first.
现在你知道我为什么一开始不开心了 。
Jim, you don't know what a nice-what a beautiful gift, nice gift I've got for you. Can you guess?
吉姆,你不知道我给你准备了多么好看多么漂亮的礼物 。你猜一下?
I'm sorry. I have no idea what it could be.
抱歉 。我不知道会是什么 。
Look! A gold watch chain! Isn't it lovely, Jim?
看!一条金表链!是不是很好看,吉姆?
I hunted all over the town to find it.
我跑遍全镇给你买到的 。
You'll have to look at the time a hundred times a day now.
现在你每天一定要看很多遍时间 。
Give me your watch. I want to see how it looks on it.
把手表给我 。我想看看它们配起来是什么样的 。
Della, let's put our Christmas gifts away and keep them for a while.
黛拉,我们把圣诞节礼物收起来保存着吧 。
They're too nice to use just at present. I sold the watch to get the money to buy the combs.
它们太珍贵了,不能仅仅当做礼物 。我把手表卖了给你买梳子 。
Now, let's have our supper.
现在,我们吃晚饭吧 。