沪教牛津版初中英语(八年级下册):Unit1 More practice
日期:2016-05-16 10:37

(单词翻译:单击)

Success for Spring Buds
春蕾成果

My name is Feng Guixiang.
我叫冯桂祥。
I want to tell you about the China Children and Teenagers' Fund (CCTF) and how it helped me.
我想给大家介绍一下中国少年儿童基金会(CCTF)以及它如何帮助的我。
One of the CCTF's special activities is the Spring Bud Project.
中国少年儿童基金会的其中一个专项行动是春蕾计划。
In 1989, 4.8 million children in the country, aged from seven to fourteen, were unable to attend school.
1989 年,在国内有 480 万从七岁到十四的少年儿童无法上学。
Eighty-three per cent of them were girls.
其中 83% 是女孩子,
Because of this, the CCTF launched the Spring Bud Project to help them.
因此,中国少年儿童基金会发起了春蕾计划以帮助他们。
Since then, the project has helped millions of girls return to school.
自那时以来,该项目已帮助数百万女童重返校园。
It has also built a lot of schools.
并兴建了很多学校。
The very first Spring Bud class was here in Guangxi in 1989.
最开始的春蕾班于 1989 年出现在广西。
The Spring Bud Project paid for me to attend that class.
春蕾计划资助我去参加了那个班。
It also rented a room close to the school for me.
还在靠近学校的地方给我租了一间房。
Before the project started, I stayed at home and helped my mother with the housework.
在项目开始之前,我呆在家里帮妈妈做家务。
Going to school changed my life.
上学改变了我的生活。
I learnt to read and write and do many other things.
我学会了读书写字和做很多其他的事情。
Now I work as a teacher at a Spring Bud school here in Guangxi.
现在,我作为一名教师在广西的春蕾学校工作。
I wish to help other girls the way the Spring Bud Project helped me.
我希望以春蕾计划帮助我的方式帮助其他女孩。

分享到