(单词翻译:单击)
Conversation 1
对话1
It's your birthday next week.
下周是你的生日 。
What have you got planned?
你有什么计划?
I'm not sure.
我不确定 。
I often feel strange on my birthday.
我生日的时候经常觉得很奇怪 。
It's like my brain decides to have a crisis.
就像我的大脑出现了危机 。
It's not entirely unusual to feel anxious or sad around your birthday.
在生日前后感到焦虑或悲伤是很正常的 。
Birthdays can tap into a lot of things people worry about, including their achievements in life in the past decade or their accomplishments of the past year.
生日可以反映出人们所担心的很多事情,包括他们在过去十年中取得的成就或过去一年的成就 。
Many begin to search for the meaning of their existence leading to behaviors such as ending or starting a relationship or plans, like starting a vigorous diet or fitness program.
许多人开始寻找他们存在的意义,从而导致结束或开始一段关系或计划,比如开始剧烈饮食或健身计划 。
I have wonderful friends and I love celebrating their birthdays.
我有很棒的朋友,我喜欢为他们庆祝生日 。
But I don't like being the center of attention, receiving gifts and having a fuss made.
但我不喜欢成为人们关注的焦点,不喜欢收到礼物,也不喜欢小题大做 。
It seems to trigger a type of social anxiety.
这似乎引发了一种社交焦虑 。
I think social media too can intensify things as birthdays now play out more publicly.
我认为社交媒体也可以让事情变得更加激烈,因为现在生日的活动更加公开 。
Birthday reminders can be helpful, but I kind of worry, I won't be able to drum up my own day and show it to look as exciting as it is supposed to be.
生日提醒是有帮助的,但我有点担心,我无法让自己的日子看起来像应该的那样令人兴奋 。
Well, to deal with the birthday blues, you should not isolate yourself.
嗯,要对付生日忧郁,你不应该孤立自己 。
It's best to gradually face your birthday with people you trust.
最好是逐渐和你信任的人一起面对你的生日 。
That would help you learn self-acceptance or that it's okay to be the focus.
这将帮助你学会自我接受,或者成为焦点也是可以的 。
Perhaps or I could perceive my birthday as an opportunity to do something for others like asking people to make a donation instead of buying a gift.
也许我可以把我的生日看作是一个为别人做点什么的机会,比如让人们捐款而不是买礼物 。
Exactly or even simply see your birthday as an opportunity to bring people together for them to have fun.
没错,或者干脆把你的生日看作是一个让大家聚在一起玩的机会 。
Questions 8 to 11 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你刚刚听到的对话回答8 - 11题 。
Question 8.
问题8 。
How does the man often feel on his birthday?
这位男士在生日那天通常感觉如何?
Question 9.
问题9 。
What does the woman say many people tend to do on their birthday?
女士说许多人在生日那天倾向于做什么?
Question 10.
问题10 。
What does the man say about birthday celebrations?
关于生日庆祝,男士说了什么?
Question 11.
问题11 。
What does the woman suggest the man do about his birthday celebration at the end of the conversation?
在对话的最后,女士建议男士如何庆祝他的生日?