2017年12月英语四级(第2套)听力真题 新闻报道(3)
日期:2018-06-15 18:11

(单词翻译:单击)

A 16-year-old asked a stranger at a grocery store to buy him and his mother some food
一位16岁的少年在杂货店里请求一个陌生人为他和他妈妈买一些食物,
in exchange for carrying the man's groceries to his car.
作为交换,他可以帮这位男士把货物搬到车里。
What happened next will pull at your heartstrings.
接下来发生的事情会扣动你的心弦。
A wonderful bond formed between the two, and within a couple of weeks,
两人之间建立了亲密的联系,几周后,
the stranger named White helped raise $190,000 on the website to support the Memphis teenager and his disabled mother.
这位名叫怀特的陌生人在网站上筹集了19万美元,用来支持这位孟菲斯市的少年和他残疾的母亲。
"When Chauncy approached me, it just pulled at my heart," White said,
“当昌西找到我的时候,我的心揪紧了,”怀特说,
"Here comes Chauncy, just trying to get food for him and his mom of the grace of other people".
“他走过来,不顾难堪之情,他只是想给自己和母亲求得食物。”
"When I looked at him and saw what he was doing and what he was asking for, I said he was my hero".
“当我看到他,看到他所做的事情,听到他的哭诉,我说他是我的英雄。”
"Chauncy is a top student who is doing his best to make it in a world with no money and very few resources,"
“昌西是一名优等生,在没有钱和资源的环境下,他竭尽全力生存,”
White explained on the crowdfunding site.
怀特在众筹网站上解释说。
"He wants to work and help his mother financially".
“他想工作,在经济上帮助母亲。”
"It's so rare that we get an opportunity to affect so much change on one life," White wrote.
怀特写道:“我们很难有机会,在一生中能产生如此大的影响力”。
"I cannot thank you enough for caring about Chauncy. This is his big chance, and you're making it possible".
“我无比感激大家对昌西的关心。这是他的大好机会,谢谢你们让他变的可能。”

Questions 5 to 7 are based on the news report you have just heard.
请根据你刚刚听到的新闻报道回答问题5至问题7。
Question 5. What did the teenager Chauncy do at the grocery story to get some food?
问题5:在杂货店里,少年Chauncy为了获取食物做了些什么?
Question 6. What did the stranger do for Chauncy?
问题6:这位陌生人为Chauncy做了些什么?
Question 7. What do we learn about Chauncy?
问题7:我们对Chauncy有哪些了解?

分享到
重点单词
  • affectvt. 影响,作用,感动
  • gracen. 优美,优雅,恩惠 vt. 使荣耀,使优美
  • bondn. 债券,结合,粘结剂,粘合剂 vt. 使结合,为 .
  • exchangen. 交换,兑换,交易所 v. 交换,兑换,交易
  • rareadj. 稀罕的,稀薄的,罕见的,珍贵的 adj. 煎得
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机