2017年6月英语四级(第1套)听力真题 长对话(2)
日期:2017-10-27 16:17

(单词翻译:单击)

M: You know, Ben's given up making those terrible faces he used to make.
男:你知道的,本已经放弃做他以前常常做的可怕的鬼脸了。
The other day, he came home from school almost in tears.
有一天他从学校回家,眼里含着泪。
His teacher said if he went on like that, his face would get stuck when the winds changed.
他的老师说,如果他继续那样做,他的脸会在风向改变的时候僵住。
W: And he believed her?
女:他相信她了吗?
M: Yeah, he's only a little boy. Don't you remember all those things we used to believe when we were little?
男:是的,他只是个小男孩。你还记得我们小时候常常相信的那些事情吗?
I remember my aunt Mary used to say if you swallow a cherrystone, a tree would grow out of your mouth.
我记得我的婶婶玛丽过去常常说,如果你吞下了一个小蛤蜊,你的嘴里会长出一棵树。
And I'm still terrified today, sort of subconsciously. You know, if I swallow one by mistake...
我直到今天都会下意识地有点害怕。你知道的,如果我误吞了一个...
W: Yeah, I suppose you're right.
女:是的,我想你是对的。
The one that used to get me was that swans could break your leg when they blow of the wing.
过去常常骗到我的说法是,天鹅可以在它们扇动翅膀的时候打断你的腿。
M: They can, can't they? I always thought they could.
男:它们可以吧,不是吗?我一直以为它们可以。
W: No, they are not that strong. But there's another one even more terrifying.
女:不,它们力气没那么大。但是还有一个更可怕的。
That is, if you put a post stamp on upside down, you will go to prison.
那就是,如果你把一张邮票上下贴反的话,你就会坐牢。
M: No, never heard of that. But my grandmother was a terror for that kind of thing.
男:没有,我从没有听说过这个。但是我的祖母经常说那种恐怖的话。
For example, she would say, you will get a spot on your tongue if you tell a lie.
比如,她会说,如果你撒谎的话,舌头上就会有斑点。
If you eat stale bread, your hair will curl.
如果你吃了不新鲜的面包的话,你的头发就会变卷。
And here's one more. We went on a camping trip once in Italy,
还有一个。我们曾经在意大利露营,
and my wife spent the whole time worrying about bats getting into her hair.
我的妻子一直在担心蝙蝠飞到她的头发里。
She said her grandmother reckoned you had to shave your head to get it out. My wife was really terrified.
她说她的祖母认为,你必须要剃光你的头发才能把它弄出来。我的妻子真的很害怕。
W: Silly, isn't it? But that's how some parents try to keep their kids from doing the wrong thing or getting into trouble.
女:很傻,不是吗?但是这就是一些家长尝试不让他们的孩子做错事或陷入麻烦的方法。

Questions 12 to 15 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你刚刚听到的对话回答问题12至问题15。
Question 12: What does the man say about Ben?
问题12:关于本,男士提到了什么?
Question 13: What did aunt Marry used to do when the man was a child?
问题13: 在男士还是一个孩子的时候,玛丽婶婶常常做什么?
Question 14: What does the woman believe swans could do?
问题14: 女士认为天鹅可以做什么?
Question 15: What did the grandmother of the man's wife say?
问题15: 男士妻子的祖母说了什么?

分享到
重点单词
  • swallown. 燕子,吞咽,一次吞咽的量 vt. 吞下,咽下,忍受
  • terrorn. 恐怖,惊骇,令人惧怕或讨厌的人或事物
  • stampn. 邮票,图章,印,跺脚 v. 跺脚,盖章
  • curln. 卷曲,卷发,年轮,漩涡,[足]曲线球 vt. 弄卷
  • shaven. 修面,刮胡子 vt. 修面,剃,擦过,消减价格 v
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话