2012年12月英语四级真题听力 第4期 长对话(2)
日期:2014-01-11 15:39

(单词翻译:单击)

Conversation Two
对话二
May I see your license, please?
我能看看你的驾照吗?
But officer, did I do something wrong?
但是警官,我做错什么了吗?
Do you mean to say you didn't see the speed limit sign back there?
你是说你没看到刚才的限速标志吗?
Um, no, madam, I guess I didn't.
没有,女士,我猜我没看到。
In other words, you drove by too fast to read it. The sign says 35m/h. A school is just nearby, you know?
换句话说,你开得太快了才没看到,标致上写着35m/h。附近有一个学校。
Don't get me wrong, but my speedometer didn't read much faster than that.
别误会,但是我的速度计上没显示那么快。
Then, why is it that my radar showed you are going 45? Let me put it another way. I'm going to give you a ticket. Again, may I see your license, please?
为什么我的雷达显示你到了45m/h?这么说吧,我得给你开罚单了。再说一次,我能看看你的驾照吗?
Here it is, officer. But let me explain. I was late for an important appointment and I was worried that I wouldn't make it on time. So...
给你,警官。但是让我解释一下。我有一个重要的约会快迟到了,我担心我不能按时赶到。所以……
Uha, just a minute, here. Your license is no longer valid. You should have renewed it two weeks ago. I'm going to have to write you up for that, too.
等等,你的驾照过期了。你应该在两周前更新。我还得记下这个。
What? Really?
什么?是吗?
Your license becomes invalid on your birthday and that was two weeks ago according to the date here. You are in violation of the law—driving without a valid license.
你的驾照在你生日那天过期了,根据日期显示是在两周前。你违法了,未持有效证件驾驶。
I'm sorry, madam. I hadn't realized that.
对不起,女士。我不知道。
Here's the ticket for not having a valid license. But I'm only going to give you a warning about exceeding the speed limit. Be careful next time.
这是未持有效证件驾驶的罚单,但是关于超速我给予你警告,下次小心点。
Yes, madam, officer, I will. Thank you.
是的,警官,我会的,谢谢。
Questions 22 to 25 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题22至25是基于你刚才听到的对话。
Question 22. Where was the man stopped by the police officer?
问题22. 男士在哪被警察拦下的?
Question 23. What did the man claim about the speed limit sign?
问题23. 男士对限速标志说了什么?
Question 24. What did the woman say about the man's driving license?
问题24. 关于男士的驾照,女士说了什么?
Question 25. What was the man's penalty?
问题25. 男士受到了什么处罚?

分享到