Part I Writing
Return to the society
Part II Reading comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)
1. The author suggests that in most domestic-abuse cases, women return home after the abuse because .
[B] they are too scared of men’s power to leave
2. The money you get from the disability insurance through the employee benefits plan is .
[A] not enough for a decent living
3. We work out a budget in order to .
[A] avoid unnecessary spending
4. What can be described as an accident or a mistake according to the author?
[B] Taking the gas for the brake killing a cat.
5. Which group of people is advised to hold a health insurance?
[D] Those who are less than 65 years old.
6. What is the advantage of the retirement savings?
[B] Employees can get money as the retirement savings from their employers.
7. What do we know for sure about Chris Brown and Rihanna according to the first paragraph?
[C] Rihanna has accused Chris Brown of abusing her.
8. Once a person loses the ability to do things, a living will is a reliable document for required medical measures.
9. Women would criticize their own behavior when explaining why they are abused by their lovers.
10. According to experts, in domestic violence, abusers’attacks tend to be intensifying .
Part III Listening Comprehension
11. [A] Play the music more quietly.
12. [B] The professor may change his mind
13. [D] She can’t go on the trip because of academic reasons.
14. [D] It’s not certain whether the trip will take place.
15. [D] The woman is applying a job.
16. [A] She is unhappy with the man’s promises.
17. [B] He wants to make sure that Mr. Smith will see him.
18. [D] The man is unwilling to take a look at the houses for sale.
19. [A] She needs some information.
20. [C] Home-made candy.
21. [B] Tuesday.
22. [D] Priority service.
23. [D] taking a quick look at an exhibit before lunch.
24. [A] Through signs.
25. [C] His social status.
26.[C] People differ from each other in facial features.
27. [B] Learn to recognize human faces.
28. [A] Movie actors.
29. [D] People differ in their behaviors and physical characteristics.
30. [B] firstname.lastname@example.org.
31. [C] $8,000.
32. [D] See a doctor at the school Medical Centre.
33. [D] Human beings can make anything stand for anything by agreement.
34. [B] Our culture determines what a symbol stands for.
35. [C] Words are not necessarily connected with the things they stand for.
44. A list is then presented to the advisory committee which meets about once a month
45. If the committee likes the list, it sends it up to the board of directors which makes the final decision
46. So there’s a possibility that a stamp might be designed, but still never actually go into circulation
Part IV Reading Comprehension (Reading in Depth)
47. [J] upon
48. [C] longer
49. [A] convinced
50. [M] filled
51. [F] if
52. [G] associations
53. [I] rather
54. [L] on
55. [O] down
56. [B] necessarily
57. What do people tend to think of Picasso’s paintings?
[B]They are enjoyable amusements.
58. Which of the following artists pioneered Cubist art?
59. Which of the following is the true description of the surrealist world?
[C] It had never been explored by anyone before Picasso.
60. The author most probably thinks that Picasso’s art is .
61. Picasso quoted the example of the English language to maintain that .
[D] the intricacy of the surrealist art should not be blamed on the artists
62. What is most difficult for Jarolim?
[C] Checking all the facts to be written in the guides.
63. What would Brownie do when someone was ill in the family?
[C] Keep them company.
64. What do we know about Jarolim from the passage?
[A] She is especially interested in museums.
65. Why does the speaker say that Brownie was more than just a family pet?
[A] She was loved by everybody she met.
66. What do we learn about Brownie from the passage?
[B] She felt scary for her mistake.
Part V Cloze
Part VI Translation
87. She felt insulted, and obviously any attempts to persuade her to stay were of no avail (任何劝她留下来的企图都是徒劳的)
88. No mater what, we all want to solve in a friendly way (我们都希望以友好的方式解决).
89. Frankly speaking, I’d rather you didn’t do anything about it (别为这做任何事) for the time being.
90. It was suggested at the meeting that effective measures be taken to solve the problem. (采取有效措施解决问题)
91. Everyone wants to have a healthy body (每个人都希望拥有健康的身体). but are not properly maintained their.