(单词翻译:单击)
The designs in the Bai people’s tie dyes represent what they see in Nature.
白族人扎染的设计来自于大自然的发现
Every line tells a story about the environment surrounding them.
每一个线条都取自于他们身边的环境
Now, this is the most exciting moment, guys.
现在到了最激动人心的时刻了
We're about to dye it and I'm dying to see it.
就要染了,我迫不及待了
It's right there.
就在那里染
It's got like a chemical reaction, and it becomes blue.
这就像是一种化学反应,它慢慢变蓝
When you look at it, it's green inside but on the top layer because it's contacting the air, the oxygen, it's turning blue.
你看上去,里面是绿色的,但是最上面一层因为接触了空气中的氧气,开始变蓝
You can't really tell, but the smell is so strong.
看不出来,味道很冲
It's so plenty.
太足了
So she said, a very important part, is you have...
她刚才说,非常重要的是……
Dip it into the water with power, because she said, when you do it, then the paint will come out.
用力蘸水,因为她说,只有用力才能把颜色洗出来
This is the most important moment.
这是最重要的时刻
When you open it up, the knot that you had, it stays white, right?
你把这个结打开,里面还是白色的
And then you can see it’s so beautiful, but still, look, some of it is still green.
太美了,但是再看,有一部分仍然是绿色的
And it's green because it has not contacted the oxygen yet.
因为这部分还没有接触到氧气
The last step is when you get to witness the miracle.
最后一步是真正的见证奇迹了
You cut away the stitches and remove the threads from the entangled places, to reveal the patterns that were hidden among the tight knots.
把针线剪断,抽掉缠在一起的线头,就能看见扎起来的结里面的图案了
But you need to be careful.
但是要非常小心
A tiny slip, and you can make a hole that will ruin the whole piece.
一不小心就可能多出一个洞来,整块布料就毁了
What I love the most about tie-dyeing is that you don't know what's coming and as a result the outcome is unpredictable, so you'll never get two patterns and colors that are exactly the same.
我最喜欢扎染的地方是,你并不知道最后呈现的是什么样子,最后的成品是不可预期的,所以你永远不会得到两个完全相同的图案和颜色