BEC高级商务英语考试口语辅导讲议(9)
日期:2011-03-07 08:29

(单词翻译:单击)

Part V Supplementary Materials

Language reference

  Below is a list of phrases and sentence patterns that may help you prepare your presentation. Remember, however, that every presentation is unique, and you must decide for yourself which language is appropriate for your presentation.

  The introduction 介绍

  Basic introduction 基本介绍

  Today I’m going to tell you about a new kind of material.

  今天我将要介绍一种新材料

  I’d like to talk about our recent sales performance.

  我想介绍一下我们最近的销售业绩。

  Today, I’d like to show you a way to cut costs.

  今天,我想给大家展示一种减少成本的新方法。

  Today, I’m going to explain our strategy for next year.

  今天,我想就明年的战略部署进行一下解释。

  Narrowing the topic 缩小范围

  In particular, I will explain how the material can be used in many of our products.

  我重点想解释一下这种材料在我们其它产品中的用途。

  Referring to background information 涉及背景资料

  As you probably know, our market share has been falling in recent years.

  众所周知,我们的市场份额近年来开始下降。

  Some of you may know about our research program.

  大家可能知道我们研究的项目。

  You may be aware of the features of the RS-4 model.

  您将会了解到RS-4模型的特点。

  Presenting the overview 总览程序

  First, I’m going to… 首先,我将要...

  Second, I’ll show you … 其次, 我将要展示给您...

  Then, I’d like to … 再次, 我想...

  After that, I’ll explain … 然后, 我会解释...

  Finally, I’ll … 最后, 我将...

  Signaling and linking 承上启下

  Sequencing 层次

  Now, I’ll explain … 现在, 我来解释...一下

  Let’s now consider … 我们来考虑一下...

  This brings us to … 由此得来...

  Finally, … 最后...

  Directing attention 吸引注意力

  Please look at this chart. 请看图表

  Let’s take a look at this table. 我们来看表格.

  Take a look at the diagram. 大家看一下图表

  If you look at this graph, you will see … 大家从这张曲线图可以看出...

  As you can see from this chart, … 正像大家从这张图表中看到的一样...

  Cause and effect 原因与结果

  Since increased performance is not our only concern, I’d now like to talk about

  由于业绩增长并不是我们唯一关注的, 我想在此谈论一下...

  As a result of this new feature, we must now consider

  由于这个新的特点, 我们现在必须考虑...

  As a result, we have to find new ways to increase our market share.

  由此, 我们不得不寻找增长我们市场占有额的新方法.

  Consequently, we have been developing a more efficient engine.

  结果, 我们已经开发了一台更高性能的发动机。

  Therefore, I’d now like to show you our latest test results.

  所以,我现在想就我们最新检测结果给大家进行展示。

  Purpose 目的

  In order to take advantage of this new technology, we have to look at the market. 为了利用这个新技术的优势, 我们一定要了解市场。

  For the new model to work effectively, we need a new kind of valve.

  为了新模型高效运行,我们需要一种新的电子管。

  Contrast 对比

  Although the machine operates well at low temperatures, at high temperatures there are some problems.

  虽然在低温下机器运行正常,但在高温下它存在着许多问题。

  Unlike the ST-4X, the ST5X is very compact.

  与ST-4X不同的是,ST-5X非常简洁。

  Instead of batteries, the news model uses solar power.

  新的型号不再用电池,而用太阳能。

  Nevertheless,… 然而...

  However,… 但是...

  On the other hand,… 另外...

  Reinforcement 进一步的补充说明

  In addition to Asia, we are also marketing the product in South America.

  除亚洲外, 我们还在南美开发了市场。

  In addition, we plan to introduce more robots to our production lines.

  除此之外, 我们计划在生产线上引入更多的机器人。

  Furthermore, the program can translate from Japanese to English.

  另外, 此程序可以从日语翻成英语。

  Introducing a summary 介绍总结

  As you can see, these improvements increase fuel efficiency and allow us to lower our production costs.

  据大家了解,这些改进会增加燃料的性能。同时减少产品的成本。

  Introducing a concluding statement 陈述

  I am sure these improvements will allow us to win back our market share.

  我确信这些改进将有助于我们赢回市场份额。

  It’s clear that the new model meets all of our customers’ requirements.

  很明显,新的型号满足我们客户的需求。

分享到
重点单词
  • efficientadj. 效率高的,胜任的
  • summaryn. 摘要 adj. 概要的,简略的
  • contrastn. 差别,对比,对照物 v. 对比,成对照 [计算机]
  • advantagen. 优势,有利条件 vt. 有利于
  • compactn. 合约条约,梳妆粉盒 adj. 紧凑的,紧密的,简洁
  • consequentlyadv. 所以,因此
  • strategyn. 战略,策略
  • effectivelyadv. 事实上,有效地
  • diagramn. 图解,图表 vt. 用图解法表示
  • performancen. 表演,表现; 履行,实行 n. 性能,本事