(单词翻译:单击)
听力文本
JENNY ROSS: Hello, could I speak to Mr. Sakai' s secretary...
詹妮.罗斯:你好,请酒井先生的秘书听电话……
This is Jenny from Bibury Systems in the UK.
我是英国Bibury系统公司的詹妮。
Mr. Harris would like to arrange a meeting with Mr. Sakai.
哈里斯先生希望可以和酒井先生安排一次会议。
I wonder if you could check Mr. Sakai' s European itinerary.
我想知道你能不能核对一下酒井先生欧洲的行程。
GERALDINE: Yes...yes...yes...I will make sure he gets the message...Alright...goodbye.
杰拉尔丁:好……好……好……我保证他得到消息 …… 好吧 …… 再见。
Ah, Mr. Harris, I' ve just had a call from Mr. Peter' s secretary.
啊, 哈里斯先生, 我刚接到皮特先生秘书的电话。
I' m afraid he' s going to be fifteen minutes late for his appointment this afternoon.
今天下午的约会,他可能要晚到15分钟。
CLIVE HARRIS: Okay. That' s no problem.
克莱夫.哈里斯:好的。没问题。
GERALDINE: Good morning, Bibury Systems.
杰拉尔丁:早上好, Bibury系统公司。
GERALDINE: Well, Green can see you at eleven o' clock on Monday. Is that alright?
杰拉尔丁:噢, 格林可以在周一上午11点钟见你。有问题吗?
No, I' m sorry, on Tuesday he has a meeting in the morning.
没有, 对不起, 他周二上午有个会。
Is the afternoon possible?
下午行吗?
Alright. Thank you.
好的。谢谢。
GERALDINE: Hello, Bibury Systems.
杰拉尔丁:你好, Bibury系统公司。
DEREK JONES: What do you think?
德里克.琼斯:你认为怎么样?
CLIVE HARRIS: We' ll miss the launch date.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我们可能会错过发布日期。
DEREK JONES: No, it' ll be on schedule.
德里克.琼斯:不会,会准时的。
CLIVE HARRIS: February 15th?
克莱夫.哈里斯:2月15日?
DEREK JONES: It will be ready for February 15th.
德里克.琼斯:2月15日前会准备好的。
CLIVE HARRIS: We must meet the deadline.
克莱夫.哈里斯:我们必须赶上最后期限。
重点讲解
1.Mr. Harris would like to arrange a meeting with Mr. Sakai.
说明来意,希望安排会议。
2.I will make sure he gets the message.
在帮别人留言或者传达信息的情况下可以这样说。
3.Well, Green can see you at eleven o' clock on Monday.
与别人约定时间。
4.No, I' m sorry, on Tuesday he has a meeting in the morning.
在时间冲突的情况下说明一下。
5.We' ll miss the launch date.
错过的意思。
6.No, it' ll be on schedule.
on schedule相当于on time。
7.We must meet the deadline.
这一句在新闻中也经常用到。以后听新闻的时候可以适当注意一下哦!