(单词翻译:单击)
Often, paramedics are only able to begin a patient’s treatment.
通常情况下,护理人员只能开始对病人进行治疗
They do what they can to help the patient or make a patient comfortable.
他们会尽其所能帮助病人或让病人感到舒适
They may begin to give a patient medicine.
他们可能会开始给病人开药
Or, they try to reduce a patient’s pain.
或者,他们试图减轻病人的痛苦
Then, they bring the patient to the hospital or another doctor for final treatment.
然后,他们把病人带到医院由另一位医生进行最后的治疗
“After leaving the new family at the hospital, we travel to our next call.
“在医院离开这个新家庭后,我们前往下一个电话拨打者的家
We reach the home of a 60-year-old man with pain and pressure in his chest.
我们来到了一位60岁老人的家,他胸口疼痛,有压迫感
He has a far-away look in his eyes.
他的眼睛里有一种茫然感
We quickly examine him.
我们迅速对他进行了检查
The exam shows the man is having a heart attack.
我们在检查之后发现,这名男子心脏病发作了
We quickly take him to the hospital, and into the surgery department.
我们赶紧把他送到医院,送进了外科
As soon as we reach the parking lot another call comes in.”
我们刚到停车场,另一个电话就打了进来
“The patient is a 30-year-old man.
“患者是一名30岁的男子
He has been injured through the explosion of an oil pipe.
他因油管爆炸而受伤
He has a wide open hole in his lower abdomen, near his stomach.
他的下腹部(靠近肚子的位置)有一个大洞
When we reach him he is surprisingly calm.
当我们找到他时,他出人意料地平静
Happily we are able to confirm there are no injuries to his internal organs.
幸运的是,我们能够确认他的内脏没有受伤
This would have made the wound far more serious.
这样的话,伤势会更加严重
We bandage and cover the wound and get him to the hospital.
我们用绷带给他包扎好伤口,然后把他送到医院
There, a group of hospital workers is already waiting for him.”
在那里,一群医护人员已经在等他了
Being an emergency paramedic is difficult work.
做急救人员是一项困难的工作
But Nimrod believes the work he is doing is important.
但尼姆罗德认为他正在做的工作很重要
And he believes that his experiences growing up on a kibbutz greatly influenced his opinion of people.
他认为,他在基布兹的成长经历极大地影响了他对人的看法
A kibbutz is a planned community.
基布兹是一个有计划的社区
Members of the community work closely with each other.
社区成员彼此紧密合作
They often share responsibilities and resources.
他们经常分担责任,分享资源
Nimrod tells about his influences:
尼姆罗德讲述了他的影响:
“I was born in and grew up on the Kibbutz Lahav.
“我出生在基布兹-拉哈夫,并在那里长大
It is not far from Kfer Saba.
它离卡法萨巴不远
As a child, my education was centred around socialist beliefs.
小时候,我的教育是以社会主义信仰为中心
Growing up on the kibbutz made me respect and encourage the idea of fairness and shared labour.
在基布兹长大让我尊重并鼓励公平和分担劳动的理念
Those values inform my everyday work.
这些价值观影响着我的日常工作
But I think it was my mother who had the greatest influence on me.
但我认为对我影响最大的是我的母亲
She taught me that we are all partners in a shared journey.”
她教会了我,在共同的旅程中,我们都是合作伙伴