(单词翻译:单击)
Scalloped potatoes, also known as starch lasagna, are easily confused with galloped potatoes which are potatoes that have been stomped on by a horse or a very fast cow.
荷叶土豆,也被称为淀粉千层面,很容易与奔跑土豆混淆(发音相似),后者是被马或跑得很快的牛踩过的土豆
You suck at cooking, yeah you totally suck.
你的厨艺弱爆了,完全弱爆了
Okay, we're gonna start with the potatoes.
好的,我们从土豆开始
I'm using russet potatoes because I'm not afraid of a little starch.
我用赤褐色的土豆,因为我不怕有一点淀粉
But you can use cussed potatoes if you're not afraid of a little swearing.
但如果你不怕一点咒骂的话,你可以用骂人的土豆
I also have these heirloom cussed potatoes which taste like the bee's knees.
我还有这些家传的咒骂土豆,味道妙不可言
You can peel them if you grew up in the queen's palace. Or you can eat the potato crust, even though it used to touch dirt, which is dirty.
如果你在女王的宫殿里长大,可以去掉土豆皮
So make sure you wash them in the sink or take them through a car wash.
所以一定要把它们放在水槽里洗,或者把它们带到洗车场去洗
Also if you notice any parts that are slightly green, peel those off because that's poison, which is an ingredient I refuse to use when i cook.
另外,如果你注意到有任何略带绿色的部分,把它们去掉,因为那是有毒的,我做饭时拒绝使用这种食材
If you have strong walls and want to save time, you can also smash off the potato crust.
如果你有坚固的墙,想要节省时间,也可以把土豆皮砸碎
I'm going to slice these up the old-fashioned way with pride, but you can use a mandolin or a food processor if you have no shame.
我会自豪地用老式方法把土豆切成片,但如果你不觉得羞耻,也可以用曼陀林或食物加工机
I just jam them in the baking dish to make sure it's the right amount, in this case around 3 medium potatoes for my 9x9 dish.
我把它们塞进烤盘里,以确保数量合适,在这种情况下,我的9x9盘子大约需要3个中等大小的土豆
And it's around 3750 potatoes for my 4x4 truck.
我的4x4卡车大约需要3750个土豆
Now measure the width and any that aren't exactly one eighth of an inch should be tossed.
现在测量一下厚度,任何不到1/8英寸的土豆都应该扔掉
And if you're not into scalloped potatoes, you can also make scalpeled potatoes.
如果你对荷叶土豆不感兴趣,也可以做剥皮土豆
And if you don't like surgery, you can go with fallout potatoes.
如果你不喜欢手术,也可以做组合土豆
Now we're going to "par boil" these.
现在我们要把这些土豆“半煮熟”
The "par" stands for partly boiled but not entirely, just a bit.
“半”代表部分煮熟,但不是完全煮熟,只是一点点
So that they're somewhat but not totally cooked through on account of how long you keep them in the water, which is not very long, just three minutes-ish.
所以,根据你把它们放在水里的时间长短,土豆是有点熟但不是熟透了,时间不是很长,只有三分钟左右
Otherwise they will end up totally boiled, which is not the point.
否则,它们将完全煮熟,这就不是我们想要的了
Also make sure you shuffle them before putting them in the water, so they don't taste predictable.
另外,在把它们放进水里之前,一定要洗一下牌,这样它们的味道就不会是可预测的了
Now we'll "par strain" these, which means to partly strain just the water on the outside of the potatoes, but not the water on the inside of the potatoes, otherwise they'll turn into root dust.
现在我们把这些“半过滤”一下,就是只过滤土豆外面的水,而不是土豆里面的水,否则它们会变成干枯的根茎
Um what time is it? It's sauce time. That's right.
嗯,现在是什么时间?酱汁时间到了
We're gonna start with three tablespoons of butter and let that melt on medium.
我们先放三汤匙黄油,然后开中火融化
Then add in two chopped garlic cloves until they're nice and warm.
然后加入两个切碎的蒜瓣,直到它们变得热乎乎的
Then five tablespoons of all-purpose wheat dust and slowly wang-jangle it until it's smooth.
然后撒上5汤匙通用小麦粉,慢慢搅拌,直到它变得光滑
You're gonna cook the flour taste out of the flour, otherwise this could end up tasting like flour.
你要把面粉的味道去掉,否则最终可能吃起来像面粉一样
Apparently you do this for six minutes or so and it should smell nutty.
显然,这样六做分钟左右,应该闻起来像坚果了
But since the nut smell is masked by the garlic, we'll just stir this until it smells like garlic nuts.
但由于大蒜掩盖了坚果的气味,我们就把它搅拌到闻起来像大蒜味的坚果
Now we'll add 2 cups or 500 milliliters of milk.
现在我们要加2杯或500毫升牛奶
Add it slowly and keep wang-jangling to smoothify it.
慢慢地加进去,同时不断搅拌,让它变光滑
Now it's flavor time.
现在是调味时间了
Remember the number zero gets its shape from the potato because they have zero flavor.
记住,数字零的形状来自于土豆,是因为土豆的味道是零
There are many approaches, but i'm gonna add garlic a couple minutes ago.
有很多种方法,但我要提前几分钟加入大蒜
One veggie bouillon cube, two teaspoons of mustard dust, some pepper pepper pepper and a half teaspoon of salt.
一块蔬菜汤块,两茶匙芥末粉,一些胡椒胡椒胡椒,还有半茶匙盐
You can flavor it however you want.
你可以随心所欲地调味
I'm flavoring it in a way that's the best.
我正在用最好的方式调味
But if you prefer something other than the best, that's a personal a choice.
但如果你喜欢其他不是最好的东西,那是你个人的选择
Now that that's getting thick, I'm gonna add in a handful of Cheddar and take it off the heat, giving it one final wang jangling.
现在它变得越来越浓了,我要加一把切达干酪,把它从火上拿下来,给它最后一次搅拌
Now we'll put some sauce in a big bowl, then the potatoes and then more sauce.
现在我们要在大碗里放一些酱汁,然后是土豆,然后是更多的酱汁
Then I'll just slowly turn those over until they're covered.
然后我会慢慢地把它们翻过来,直到土豆被酱汁盖住
I like doing this as opposed to layering.
我喜欢这样做,而不是一层一层地倒进去
Who is the time, honestly. Lots of people do.
老实说,谁有那时间
Then I'm going to spray a layer of chemicals.
然后我要喷洒一层化学物质
Then we'll dump in this pile of stuff.
再把这些东西倒进去
And then I'm gonna top this with some gruyere cheese.
然后在这上面加点格鲁耶尔奶酪
Oh who grew up in the queen's palace now?
哦,现在是谁在皇宫里长大了?
Then I'm gonna slap on a tin roof.
然后盖上一层锡纸
Then I'm gonna send the potatoes on a tropical vacation in hell for 45 minutes.
然后我会把土豆送到地狱去度过45分钟的热带假期
Once that 45 minutes has been wasted on the internet, take it out, remove the tin roof, then pop it back in for 15 more minutes.
45分钟被浪费在网上后,把它拿出来,去掉锡纸,然后再放进烤箱烤15分钟
If this were Binging with Babish, I'd be showing you how to create your own soil, in which you'd grow the potatoes.
如果这是Binging with Babish节目,我会教你如何创造自己的土壤,然后种植土豆
Then how to build a kiln, in which you'd form your own baking dish.
之后如何建造一个窑炉,在里面你可以做自己的烤盘
Then we'd cultivate some fresh oxygen via phytoplankton photosynthesis, so you'd have something fresh to breathe.
然后我们会通过浮游植物的光合作用培养一些新鲜氧气,这样你就有新鲜的东西可以呼吸
But this isn't Babish, so this is what you get. You get potatoes.
但这不是那个姐妹,所以这就是你得到的东西
And now that 50 minutes is up, take it out and admire the primordial grease aquarium.
现在50分钟到了,拿出来欣赏这原始的油脂水域吧
This is where scallops mate.
这是扇贝交配的地方
Now we'll let these cool and set for 10 minutes or so.
现在我们让它们冷却并凝固10分钟左右
And then we'll serve them on a plate because it's a good thing to eat off of.
然后我们会把它们放在盘子里,因为盘子很适合用来盛东西
Scalloped potatoes, oh, they just taste so not bad. Scalloped potatoes.
荷叶土豆,哦,它们尝起来还不错